If there was one Everton match you wished you had been at but missed when was it?

More seriously, I think I'd have to pick Everton 5-0 Manchester United.

That was the absolute peak of that team, in many ways. Thrashing United and winning at Anfield in the space of a week is, well, Heaven on Earth for an Evertonian. That 5-0 win must surely be the most forgotten signature performance of any great team in English football. It wasn't even televised...

More seriously, I think I'd have to pick Everton 5-0 Manchester United.

That was the absolute peak of that team, in many ways. Thrashing United and winning at Anfield in the space of a week is, well, Heaven on Earth for an Evertonian. That 5-0 win must surely be the most forgotten signature performance of any great team in English football. It wasn't even televised...
To be fair not many were back then.

To be fair not many were back then.
Even highlights? Maybe Granada/ITV had it, but it wasn't shown on Match of the Day. I suppose, given the dispirate ways that the BBC and ITV manage their archives, if you weren't on Match of the Day you didn't exist...

Yes, I know there is footage - and there's lots of it as an extra on the Howard's Way DVD - but was there any match commentary highlights? Was Martin Tyler there for Granada or was there a strike or something? I must research...
Think there was a dispute in early 85 to christmas 85, but this was before