6 + 2 Point Deductions

I want the complete removal of these rules and a return to how things were before FFP
If I've got it right FFP hasn't done the job it was designed to do. Instead of allowing the less wealthy (Small) clubs to compete on a
more even level with the rich (Big) clubs, it has done the opposite. Those clubs at the top are even more difficult to shift.

As others here have said, clubs should be allowed to make their own judgement on how they spend, and pay the penalty if they
fail to do so wisely.

In that event only that club suffers the consequence and no other club is impacted.

This is exactly what people need to understand, and I'm surprised so many don't. The PL and Sky don't care about things like history and sporting merit. They care about generating a television audience. To do that they need "engaging stories" that cater to their audience. Since most of their audience is going to be glory hunting scab six supporters, they will always try to keep them near the top with favorable treatment. They can also generate an "underdog" story about how little Luton stood against established premier league cheats Everton. A club who spent half a billion on players and still got relegated.

They have no desire to tell the facts, they want the story. They want eyes on their product week in and week out. They might as well hire WWE writers, because that's what the PL has turned into.
They pretend football didn’t exist before 1992 it’s very really mentioned , even on the programs about the likes of Ian weight etc the fly thew anything that happened pre premireship

If I've got it right FFP hasn't done the job it was designed to do. Instead of allowing the less wealthy (Small) clubs to compete on a
more even level with the rich (Big) clubs, it has done the opposite. Those clubs at the top are even more difficult to shift.

As others here have said, clubs should be allowed to make their own judgement on how they spend, and pay the penalty if they
fail to do so wisely.

In that event only that club suffers the consequence and no other club is impacted.
I'm not sure anyone ever claimed that's what FFP was designed to do. They weren't pulling the wool over people's eyes, they were fine with the idea that it stacks the chips heavily in the favour of clubs like Utd and Liverpool. That was the whole point.

I'm not sure anyone ever claimed that's what FFP was designed to do. They weren't pulling the wool over people's eyes, they were fine with the idea that it stacks the chips heavily in the favour of clubs like Utd and Liverpool. That was the whole point.
So, I haven't got it right. It absolutely isn't Financial Fair Play in the context you describe.

Ostensibly, the point was to soft cap player transfer fees and wages by limiting clubs' spending, thus keeping smaller clubs from bankrupting themselves and enabling large clubs to make money rather than lose it.

What happened was the development of private equity markets for things like television revenues and player transfer fees. This kept wages and fees sky-high, leading to debt crises in Italy and Barcelona, as well as widening the gap between haves and have-nots on the pitch.

I do agree.

I am in a similar boat although im in Australia i am an absolute sport junkie but these days its all about the generation of cash, pundits and journalists trying to be the story, not the game.

Same.

The Premier League and Champions League have no soul. Sure, you get the odd great game and spectacular goals because that’s inherent to the nature of the sport, but it just doesn’t have the magic that it used to.

Add the over-the-top media side as you mentioned - it’s all about journos, pundits, accas, and opinions about VAR. For someone who lost interest other than not wanting Everton to get relegated, it has become so apparent to me what a drug it is to so many people, and it’s toxic.

I've signed the petition. It's not just the incompetence of the Premier League and cosying up to the rich clubs. It's the sheer vindictiveness that has come through in the punishments he/they have pushed for.

The sooner his slimy trotters are in a different pie away from Everton the better.

for a bit of balance. We're blinded by loyalty sometimes

“For a bit of balance”. Yeah, about that.

IMG_6837.jpeg