6 + 2 Point Deductions

So to summarise:
  1. Everton receive a 10 point deduction based off no guidelines. No mitigation accepted. PL argued that it should be 12.
  2. Reduced to 6 following an appeal. Judge found serious legal errors with the initial sanctions and put a point of order that no sanction can exceed 9 points
  3. Forest receive 6 points, mitigated to 4. Judge identifies a framework for deduction, identifies Forest have a larger % breach and states in the summary that they don’t know how Everton received 6.
  4. Also brings into the possibility of having a suspended sentence
  5. Everton hit with second deduction of 5 points, mitigated to 2. PL argued for more. Judge rejects the previous submission from the Forest verdict that suspended sentence cannot be used.
  6. Judge also states that part of this complaint cannot be met and that the schedule of timings, from the PL, was not sufficient to fully complete the hearing.
  7. A further hearing needs to be scheduled to compete the hearing as the PL are arguing the capitalisation due to Everton changing accounting practices. By doing this they are brining into question Deloitte.
  8. If the PL are found right in the further hearing, Everton could be deducted further points
This sounds like a well run organisation

Edit: oh yeah, also we shouldn’t have got in to bed with Usmanov because of Crimea and Salisbury poisoning; but the Pl were ok to have a TV rights deal with them

So my latest take on this debacle is that there is a blatant case of inconsistency driven by sheer self indulgence and incompetence by Masters and the PL.

Just reading some articles online with one highlighting the PL stating to the “independent commission” for the 2nd charge that we should have jettisoned Usmanovs sponsorship after the Salisbury poisoning back in 2018… madness given it took the PL a month to cease their sponsorship ties with Russian companies, probably with a heavy heart due to the income they would lose that they are clearly heavily driven.

To back this up, I have read about the PL heavily lobbying government to avoid regulation yet I see masters has written in the Tory times and also a hit advert was placed in Politico stating “we must guard against regulation” for the good of the brand and the (in masters words” protection of the “golden egg” which is the PL.

Given the utter mess of PSR and any corrupt offshoot they are going to concoct this summer to protect the elite, the real damage to the brand has already been done by masters and his paymasters at the sky six.

Anti-competitive league with rules set to stifle competition and growth? What self respecting investor is going to sign up to this outside of the sky six where your money means nothing and your investment is held back due to arbitrary rules set by a protectionist authority?

Looking at other anti-competition legal cases recently such as Apple and the EU regarding their App Store, Microsoft and many other big mergers falling under scrutiny, in the words of masters latest monologue of utter drivel, “empires can fall quickly”. You are correct dicky boy… empires sometimes get too big, over dependent on conserving the status quo and become ultra autocratic and authoritarian to suppress change and competition. The end result is usually rebellion and civil war which in the Pals case with 20 “members” and x amount of aspiring championship clubs with individual interests and agenda, it is only a matter of time before the downfall of Masters and the cabal of six.

“Football”

This league is no longer a sport. It’s evolving into some weird courtroom drama with an incompetent VAR sideshow.
I lost alot of interest in watching football with the introduction of var.

It's a money game now. Horrible to see what masters etc have done to football. Horrible individuals with no love for the game who live for their ego.

Discusting human that Masters .It will come out eventually how corrupt he has been but too late by that time.

No doubt Everton should be punished. But not to the extent and they way they have been. It's corrupt. Money and power talk. Wouldn't surprise me if more rules in June are changed to help the sly 6 and see man city and Chelsea etc cleared.

It's all so very dejecting. The door is open for further PSR breaches with that interest part of the report. We'd have probably still been pushing it close with PSR anyways. Just seems like this only ends one way, I do not think we will survive another year of deductions, having to sell players and having very little money to replace them, never mind strengthen our weak areas.

This is so important as well.

I'm sure all the other clubs down there who aren't Everton or Forest have their perspective on this, but they cannot ignore how much of a benefit it is to them that we've had the goalposts for survival moved with six weeks to go.

We need one more win or two more draws than we did on Saturday night. That's huge for them.
but also we have had it hanging over us like a bad smell for months and months. Even forest were only subject to it for a few weeks, we started on the trip in November 2023 and it will still be affecting us in 2025 with the 3rd matter. That has to affect the players' mentality.

Luton can do one, they would be dead and buried if not for the points deductions, any other season they would be a laughing stock. Because of poor financials they are being hailed as being competitive, when they have been anything but.
I hope Luton stay up over Forest, the amount of money they have spent is ridiculous in comparison. They should be miles below Burnley and Sheff Utd in reality.

“Football”

This league is no longer a sport. It’s evolving into some weird courtroom drama with an incompetent VAR sideshow.
The Prem governance structure is a problem. Seven votes can block any change, so anything the Sky 6 and Newcastle all oppose can never happen.

That would include an end to the current two-tiered system where clubs with a global following or a nation-state sponsor are the only ones making ends meet, and loot talent at cut-rate prices every summer and winter from have-nots forced to sell players under threat of points deductions.

Then there's the difference in judicial process when there's a dispute over a have-not's numbers, versus what happens when the behemoths blatantly thumb their noses at regulations.

I think the chair of Luton is entitled to whinge. Where he's directing it suggests that either he's not all that bright, or his fanbase isn't. Expecting them to play catch up from seventeen million pounds of turnover is ridiculous. There's no pathway for them to become competitive in a sustainable way with clubs pulling in fifty times that amount. A single year's TV windfall never gets them there.

The sooner the richest fifteen or so clubs in world football shove off, the better. Done right, the next tier of clubs down pulls in more revenue, not less. The NCAA pulls in half the Prem's annual domestic TV revenues for a three-week tournament, and that's not even top-level basketball. The competition just needs to be watchable.

So to summarise:
  1. Everton receive a 10 point deduction based off no guidelines. No mitigation accepted. PL argued that it should be 12.
  2. Reduced to 6 following an appeal. Judge found serious legal errors with the initial sanctions and put a point of order that no sanction can exceed 9 points
  3. Forest receive 6 points, mitigated to 4. Judge identifies a framework for deduction, identifies Forest have a larger % breach and states in the summary that they don’t know how Everton received 6.
  4. Also brings into the possibility of having a suspended sentence
  5. Everton hit with second deduction of 5 points, mitigated to 2. PL argued for more. Judge rejects the previous submission from the Forest verdict that suspended sentence cannot be used.
  6. Judge also states that part of this complaint cannot be met and that the schedule of timings, from the PL, was not sufficient to fully complete the hearing.
  7. A further hearing needs to be scheduled to compete the hearing as the PL are arguing the capitalisation due to Everton changing accounting practices. By doing this they are brining into question Deloitte.
  8. If the PL are found right in the further hearing, Everton could be deducted further points
This sounds like a well run organisation

Edit: oh yeah, also we shouldn’t have got in to bed with Usmanov because of Crimea and Salisbury poisoning; but the Pl were ok to have a TV rights deal with them
👏👏👏

What annoys me more is Everton weak arse approach to this. Everything is documented in rulings

They should be, or have representation, on every outlet possible talking about how unjust this is and a total lack of framework has allowed this failing to happen.

But these shitbags won’t, they’ll sit back and let the fanbase argue the case against nobheads like Jordan and that City tit

What annoys me more is Everton weak arse approach to this. Everything is documented in rulings

They should be, or have representation, on every outlet possible talking about how unjust this is and a total lack of framework as allowed this failing to happen.

But these shitbags won’t, they’ll sit back and let the fanbase argue the case against nobheads like Jordan and that City tit
More than anything, that first 10 points stands out like a sore thumb.

Followed by a 6 then they make a mockery by giving Forest 4.

I mean I was all for throwing Everton to the wolves for the way we handled this, but then The PL just make us look like pros.

And utter clown show all round.