6 + 2 Point Deductions

Surely they wouldn't have the audacity... Not a third time?!

Mate, we're suppose to be discussing footballing tactics and our best starting XI etc...

Not becoming pseudo-accountants/lawyers trying to discern this mess that we're in. 🤦‍♂️

The PL has ruined football for us.

Absolutely spot on. We are suddenly 7 games away from the end of the season and it just needs to be over. After the Bournemouth game last season i couldn't wait for the fixtures and looked forward to this season just like any other since I was a young kid. I remember saying, we just need to get the Bournemouth game won and all will be well. How wrong I was. This season has been wrecked by the ambiguity, randomness and unfairness of these processes. It's absolutely disgraceful.

The moment the season ends the club have to take it to the courts, or the PL will never stop. The idea of "we also may at a later date decide to revisit the matter and deduct points next season" is a whole level of absurd on top of what the PL has done. They are making it clear they will not stop until we are either relegated by their special set of rules for us or they are forced to by the government.

The consequences regarding deductions should have been outlined and made clear when it was introduced. I have no doubt our circus of a board never even considered we would get a deduction but to get 4 separate point outcomes for 4 separate hearings is telling.
Yeah, Ive never heard of a crime or rule being written without a clear punishment, and this makes it obvious why.

I mean I have heard of that, its in countries brutally ruled by dictators...take that for what its worth.

Absolutely spot on. We are suddenly 7 games away from the end of the season and it just needs to be over. After the Bournemouth game last season i couldn't wait for the fixtures and looked forward to this season just like any other since I was a young kid. I remember saying, we just need to get the Bournemouth game won and all will be well. How wrong I was. This season has been wrecked by the ambiguity, randomness and unfairness of these processes. It's absolutely disgraceful.
It doesn`t finish when the season finishes does it, appeal will take to 24th May, after our final game.

Then we got another IC over our interest payments, that is a further breach and more points to start next season on minus points, potentially an appeal against that aswell.

No manager or player is going to want to be near Everton while the PL continue to pile on.... corrupt rats.

It`s over, they`ve won, this club can`t survive this perpetual cycle of points deductions, we won`t be rid of all these sanctions unless we go down or liquidate.

Profit and sustainability is literally causing the end of this club, the one thing brought in to `save clubs` will see Everton go in to administration.

The moment the season ends the club have to take it to the courts, or the PL will never stop. The idea of "we also may at a later date decide to revisit the matter and deduct points next season" is a whole level of absurd on top of what the PL has done. They are making it clear they will not stop until we are either relegated by their special set of rules for us or they are forced to by the government.

Technically all it has to do is put forward a motion at a PL meeting to scrap it and get 14 clubs to agree.

Technically all it has to do is put forward a motion at a PL meeting to scrap it and get 14 clubs to agree.
The clubs need to pull rank on all this madness. Pursuing a club for 17 points in one season, and still trying to haggle over audited accounts to get more. The leadership are out of control and need reminded that they work for the clubs not the other way round. The reminder should be in the form of P45s.

It can’t formally adopt them, but it doesn’t mean it can’t follow them. After all, they’re making it all up as they go along as there are NO guidelines for punishments.
Adopting an approach used elsewhere is just as ‘unapproved’ as making an approach up on the fly.

Agree, mate, but that's up to the clubs to agree on something they haven't done yet.

Last edited:

I can’t help but feel there’s a legal threat in Everton but they’re holding off in the hope we’ll survive and move on.

Today’s statement basically revealed they are dismayed at the sanctions policy stand inconsistencies. If Forrest get points back from here they have no choice but to given the holes all over the cases and appeals

I do wonder should we not get enough points and drop, given that we’ll have earned enough points legitimately ie awarded via matches played, that’ they’ll try and injunct the premier league and totally stop it from its golden share issue

Surely they wouldn't have the audacity... Not a third time?!

Mate, we're suppose to be discussing footballing tactics and our best starting XI etc...

Not becoming pseudo-accountants/lawyers trying to discern this mess that we're in. 🤦‍♂️

The PL has ruined football for us
Dunno…think watching Benitez ruined football more than considering whether the PL is correctly applying IFRS’s and interpreting finance docs.