Relegation 23/24 Thread

Would fancy it big time at Goodison. Less so away to them BUT Dyche does have a decent record there with the draw last season and he also had draws and one 3-2 win there when he was Burnley manager so it's a bit like Brighton away for him, away ground where his methods seem to work most seasons.

For us to get relegated BOTH Forest and Luton have to gain 3 points more than us in the run in.

Not impossible but not probable.
Being a half empty kind of guy I wouldn't put it past those 2 teams to get 9 points, so we'd need 8 points to finish above. But if the prem want to take more points off us I'd like to think we should be aiming for 4 wins to make sure we're definitely sound. We just need to make sure our games with them they don't get max points

I never thought I’d say this but I don’t think I even care anymore it’s all a joke even if we stay up this year it’s going to catch up with us in the end we can’t keep surviving in the last week forever in a way going down would be a relief.

We'll get the points we need, one at a time with the occasional three points.

We're a better team than Luton, Forest, Brentford and Palace - we'll get the points, starting at Chelsea.

By the end of this coming weekend we'll be another game nearer the end of the season and safety. I fully expect Man City will destroy Luton and Wolves will do us a favour too against Forest. I'll be rooting for Sheff Utd to do Brentford and Palace will surely get tonked by our neighbours. Every chance our rivals will all fail to get points which will set up the Chelsea game nicely.

Liverpool have us as their fifth game in 13 days. And they play away at West ham 1230 Saturday after our game.

They will not be keen on a goodison midweek.
At some point they will have to rotate. We’ve seen them show an apparent lack of respect and send some kids out and still beat us in the past. Don’t know if they would do that this time being at Goodison, his last derby. Or whether he is sensible enough to ignore that and do whatever needs doing to go for the title. Obviously be tough. We are still horrendous going forward, but far more resolute at the back than recent seasons. Definitely not putting it down as an expected loss.

I never thought I’d say this but I don’t think I even care anymore it’s all a joke even if we stay up this year it’s going to catch up with us in the end we can’t keep surviving in the last week forever in a way going down would be a relief.
I get that there's worries about the squad and how much can be reinvested but we've earned enough points to be currently 10 points clear of relegation, and one behind what we earned last season, regardless of the recent run

Liverpool have us as their fifth game in 13 days. And they play away at West ham 1230 Saturday after our game.

They will not be keen on a goodison midweek.
I doubt it will even cross there minds, if anything they will be concentrating on the possibility of a wkend slip up, and then Klopp will be out screaming about an early Kick off after a midweek game.

At least now we know what we need to do.

7 points from our last 7 games is more than doable given our remaining fixtures. That would leave Luton needing 3 wins in 6 (so far they have 6 wins in 32) to catch us points wise, but even that probably wouldn’t be enough with our superior GD and potential for another point back on appeal.

That would probably also leave us ahead of Forest, although they could also be getting points back on appeal, so I would concentrate on staying ahead of Luton.

Having said all that, we just need to match the points tally Luton get in their remaining 6 games in our 7 to maintain the current cushion.

The PL have really done a number on us this season.