2023/24 Sean Dyche

Potter has turned down Ajax according to "reports" and has his eye on United or Dortmund.

Scratch him off the list then.

"OK mate, we sack Dyche today. Who do you want to come in?"
"... there's loads of managers in Europe!"

... every time.

If Dyche left today, it'll likely be Baines or Coleman until the end of the season.

If Dyche left in the summer, it'll likely be Moyes.

A Vitor Pereira or Frank Lampard type appointment sends this team - our worst in the Prem IMO - down next season.

... every time.

If Dyche left today, it'll likely be Baines or Coleman until the end of the season.

A Vitor Pereira or Frank Lampard type appointment sends this team - our worst in the Prem IMO - down next season.
Lampard is rumored to be the next Canada manager! How the mighty have fallen.

... every time.

I personally have said we should probably let Dyche see out the season at this point.

Failure to get 3 points v Burnley might have changed my mind and a future results also might, but for now, he sees out the season.

What we should do in the Summer will really depend on how this seasons ends, league wise and owner wise, so as for the Summer, ask me in May.

He’s improved on the last manager that’s all he’s done, which wasn’t difficult as Lampard apparently is one of our worst ever managers. He spent 40mil on 2 strikers and has a better squad than Lampard did. If you think getting 1.1 points per game out of this squad is some sort of miracle. Then fair enough, I don’t

Disagree Dyche has a better squad than Lampard.

Lampard had Richarlison and Gordon.

If we still had Iwobi and Gray I'd be starting them too.

Lampard spent money - we've have a positive spend under Dyche.

All you can ask a manager to do is improve us - Dyche has done that in very difficult circumstances.

... every time.

Lee Carsley.

Good description, he is a good stabilizator, but it leads to stagnation at a certain point, he might keep you there, but you won't progress. Perfect for someone like Sheffield, but not a club like Everton.

He's not the man I would give 6 windows to build up a team like Arteta or Klopp, on a Everton level of course.
Well, I think Keiran Trippier disagrees with this statement.

Progress depends on money, and good players. It is quite predictable.

Then there are certain clubs that overperform in certain seasons, but that rarely lasts very long.

If Everton had suddenly received a lot of money, then I agree, then I would not bet on Dyche as manager. However, this is far from the situation, and in the situation we find ourselves in, I accept Dyche, and believe he is the right man for the job.

I personally have said we should probably let Dyche see out the season at this point.

Failure to get 3 points v Burnley might have changed my mind and a future results also might, but for now, he sees out the season.

What we should do in the Summer will really depend on how this seasons ends, league wise and owner wise, so as for the Summer, ask me in May.

Unless we can spend big money, or there's a top quality manager willing to come in - I wouldn't change it this summer either.

Both aren't going to happen.

There's an appetite from some to just change it, take a gamble. Pluck someone from a trendy team in europe who isn't bald or eats worms.

Not for me.

Will be interesting to see what the exact PSR number is for 2023, but I have a feeling we'll be in this same boat at this time next year, waiting for our charge and points deduction depending on whatever system is in place and if it's retroactive to this season.

If we aren't and we get ahead of it by selling before 06/30 this year, then we'll be that much worse squad wise.

I don't think he's going anywhere for 24-25 season.

Had this debate before. Here;

... the reality is, he hit double figures every season for Burnley and I think would have done that season too.

He was a massive player for them. Scored 49 league goals in 144 games for them. Small margins/he'd have made the difference.

I said this when Nottingham Forest signed him;

... and again, started the season slow but he's on 12 league goals in 25 now.

Good player - especially for relegation fodder.
But he’d scored 3 goals before he was sold. And they’d won 3 games by that time

Wood had one standout season for Burnley scoring 14 goals in 19/20; 10 came before the close of the January transfer window.

So maybe he wouldn’t have scored all these goals to keep them up

Unless we can spend big money, or there's a top quality manager willing to come in - I wouldn't change it this summer either.

Both aren't going to happen.

There's an appetite from some to just change it, take a gamble. Pluck someone from a trendy team in europe who isn't bald or eats worms.

Not for me.
I think we are in a big trouble next season.

This summer will be an utter crapshow, The Euros, a lack of planning due to the ownership, cash from player sales will go to pay off debt, a nuclear wasteland.

But for now I have enough misery dealing with this season.

I feel like we would be better off with a new manager, a manager who didnt play for 0-0s, but I am under no illusion that we are struggling next season, unless we can get Pep. So lets see how we end this season and take it from there.

It’s far too late to sack him now

But his position should be seriously reviewed in the summer. No manager should go unquestioned after going 13 without a win

Will be interesting to see what the exact PSR number is for 2023, but I have a feeling we'll be in this same boat at this time next year, waiting for our charge and points deduction depending on whatever system is in place and if it's retroactive to this season.

If we aren't and we get ahead of it by selling before 06/30 this year, then we'll be that much worse squad wise.

I don't think he's going anywhere for 24-25 season.
Surely lower than the 90m, but we won't be break even. Still by far not.

But he’d scored 3 goals before he was sold. And they’d won 3 games by that time

Wood had one standout season for Burnley scoring 14 goals in 19/20; 10 came before the close of the January transfer window.

So maybe he wouldn’t have scored all these goals to keep them up

All opinions, but losing this player to a relegation rival didn't help their chances;

1712579765157.png

... he scored 49 prem league goals in 144. For Burnley.

Sure, he was struggling that season, but the season doesn't finish on 13th January after 17 league games.

And as he's showing now for Nottingham Forest - he's very capable of scoring goals in relegation scraps.

All opinions, and for me - if he stayed at Burnley - their main goal scorer over 5 years would have been worth at least 3 points over 21 league games. He's done that for Nottingham Forest and then some. As I said he would.

Disagree Dyche has a better squad than Lampard.

Lampard had Richarlison and Gordon.

If we still had Iwobi and Gray I'd be starting them too.

Lampard spent money - we've have a positive spend under Dyche.

All you can ask a manager to do is improve us - Dyche has done that in very difficult circumstances.
I’ve said before we’d have been fine this season if we had Richarlison and Gordon even with the points deduction. They are far better than what we have currently.

We’d be fine now without points deductions.

Deffo think Dyche would have been given the boot in previous years for this run but he is in a difficult position no doubt. Cant see change happening even in summer unless new owners have the cash to sort things out. Even then we have to be aware of potential breaches unless the rules change.