6 + 2 Point Deductions

IMG_5504.jpeg

Just found the Everton press statement that is due to be released tomorrow:

Everton Football Club confirms that it has been deducted four points for breaking Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules related to the 2022/23 season. The points deduction takes effect immediately.

Colin Chong, Everton Chief Executive Officer, has issued the following statement:

"We are delighted that the Premier League has acted swiftly and fairly following our admittance of breaking FFP rules. We are especially pleased to note that the Premier League agrees that we continue to act in good faith in our attempts to put the Football Club on a more sound financial footing. The Premier League's agreement that we were required, despite our financial difficulties, to invest £27m on Dwight McNeil and Neal Maupay, is something we are grateful for. There will be no further comment at this time."

To be hit with two points deductions in the same season would be a disgrace. They’ve already admitted the rules aren’t fit for purpose and have been making it up as they go along. For that reason I fully expect them to slap us with another 4 point deduction. They haven’t a clue what they’re doing, but they’re determined to take us down. Not a good combo.

If they had any sense they’d not deduct any more as the disparity between us and Forest means we’ve already been punished too harshly.

god i hope so

I just don’t think they will give us anything that could potentially be reduced on appeal (given the absolute car crash that could cause at seasons end). So I’ll guess 3. 4 at absolute worst.