2023/24 Dwight McNeil

I thought he had a 2/10 and 8/10 performance in one game. Got into some really good positions and his efforts in pressing helped us get a player sent off and put pressure on Burnley but he had some really naff touches, passes and poor decision making which were of Sunday league quality.

You can't fault his effort and he has a very good first touch, unfortunately his lack of pace, strength and a right foot that is good for more than standing on means he will only ever be a bottom half of the prem player.

No excuse really for not practicing your weaker foot it is trainable.

He came through the youth ranks at Manchester United, represented England at u20 and u21 level, played Premier League football for Burnley and Everton. What makes you think that no coach he's encountered along the way hasn't identified the problem and tried to work on it with him?

Lots of stick for Gomes for being crap off the ball, which is justified.

So let’s give McNeil credit on that score, he worked very hard, harassing their defenders when they tried to play out from the back. He caused a lot of havoc.

Lots of stick for Gomes for being crap off the ball, which is justified.

So let’s give McNeil credit on that score, he worked very hard, harassing their defenders when they tried to play out from the back. He caused a lot of havoc.
I’ve personally got a lot of time for McNeil, I knew exactly what we were getting when we signed him. Most we will pay for him is 15 million.
Think last season when dyche came in we saw what the player he could be with better players round him. But this season, his mentality and mental strength took a big knock with almost losing his gf.
Still think there is more to come from him, also feel we not getting the best out on him.
Would like him to who the line and get more crosses in instead of drifting inside. But that’s due to tactics as we have no creativity in squad. He is also the only player I trust to have a shot outside the box.