777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Writing on his Patreon blog journalist Alan Nixon claims that Andy Bell and George Downing could take up ownership of the newEverton Stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock

"Everton super fans Andy Bell and George Downing are ready to make a rescue move to save the club’s future. The duo are keen to strike an agreement with Americans 777 Partners that would see them take over the new ground at Bramley-Moore Dock.

"And that would allow 777’s bid for ownership of the club although they would only become tenants when they eventually leave Goodison.

"Bell is big in the pensions and finance world while Swiss-based Scouser Downing has massive property interests. They have been allies for years. The pair are owed millions from 777 Partners after ploughing in cash. They would waive that huge sum in return for the stadium.

"A deal would also meet one of the main requirements laid down by the Premier League before they pass the 777 takeover.

"Current owner Farhad Moshiri could even become one of the partners who have a stake in the ground which is going to be used for many events and not just football.

"It would leave Everton’s next owners as guests at the new ground but that may be the best way out of their present problems. Bell and Downing are not keen on owning and funding the club although they would step in if 777 ran into trouble down the line."
Basically what might happen if the club don’t repay the MSP loan on the 15th. But it’s all speculation (I suspect) based on the Esk’s article.

So BMD wouldnt be owned by the club.

This would be absolutely horrific, be massively against this.

Vultures selling off the valuable cargo while the ship sinks.

Intriguing how supposed "big blues" are always happy to exploit the club for their own gains.

Kenwright now Bell and Downing. Throw in the likes of Rooney, Barkley its why I pay no heed to those who hate anything or anyone with connections to the RS yet blindly support anyone who claims to be a "massive Evertonian". Judge a man on his actions not by what colour football shirt he proclaims to wear.

I know Americans are generally regarded to be a bit simple, but do they think by just turning up to games randomly it makes it more likely the league will look and go “oh they must be the owners after all, guess they’re approved then”???
Or maybe they are taking a vested interest in the asset they are trying to buy?

According to Alan Nixon 777 have agreed a deal with Andy Bell and George Downing to sell them the stadium and have the clubs debt to them written off in exchange. Don't know how much truth is in this as I believe that we only owe them about 50 million. Oh well, time will tell.
I wouldn’t pay too much attention to this, utter speculation I imagine

Selling the stadium would be catastrophic for the club.

We need to increase Commercial Income and the stadium is a big key to that
On this, leasing the stadium doesn’t mean we’d relinquish all income. The stadium owner makes money through the leasing payments and the pretty certain increase in value, should the club ever be in a position to buy it back, or another property investor could buy it. As a tenant, we could choose to maximise matchday and concert/corporate revenue from it. Or we could play all matches at FF and leave the stadium completely empty and unused, as long as we maintained it as per the lease agreement.

Sale and leasebacks of premises are perfectly normal in many sectors. Where I am, we fully fund and build massively over-spec premises way ahead of the norm and sale and lease them back, freeing up funds to make business acquisitions etc. Having a huge asset on the balance sheet gives it a healthy look, but you end up with millions tied up that you might be able to use to actually make more money by placing it elsewhere. That said, when market values make sense, and we are cash rich, we often buy them back, and go through periods of owning many of the premises ourselves.

There is something sickly about a football club not owning their own stadium. And I agree it would make us feel exposed. But chances are it would just be used as security against more loans, with the interest costs that entails.

Our case is very different. We could sell it just to pay off creditors and receive zero cash to invest in the playing squad. Giving up ownership just to try and make up for the persistent historic mismanagement of the club. But other than a romantic ideal, the thought doesn’t terrify me. It would be incredibly sad and feel like a big defeat though.