Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
100%. And we have absolutely no idea if it's gonna be closer to 2 points or 10 points. Genuinely could be any amount between 0 and 8 points. 5 or more and we're already buried imo - we ain't going to Luton and winning playing the way we have for 5 months, absolutely no chance at all. Still a chance of staying up of course, especially with our fixtures being what most people would consider as favourable, but playing like that and with the manager almost waiting for the side to concede before taking off players that can barely move... it's not a good sign.
April 5th. 5 months ago is 5th November 2023.

We won 5 out of 6 games after the 5th November. Clearly you don't check facts or are stupid or you are being a @Mr Popodopolous .

Well realistically we know it won't be 0 points, and you'd think it cannot be 10 points as that's worse than going into administration. But it's still possible that we get 0 points, but highly not probable.

As we know, Matty's mate with the WiFi code at Goodison reckons it's 2 points (and he's well sauced by the sounds of it @matty1878), whereas I think 8 is the most we can get.

Basically I just plucked the numbers out of my arse, which is exactly what the Premier League will do when it comes to them I mean the Independent Commission determining our punishment.
Yes, I gathered that.

Made up with 3 points but an absolutely shocking performance against a very poor team who only had 10 men. The referee and liner on the main stand side were appalling. He doesn't give the push in the back on Beto when 2 minutes earlier he gives a free kick against him when he got the ball. As for the penalty. How can he not give it and again VAR should overturn it, cause it's a clear and obvious error. It's an absolute xxxxxxx joke.
For 1/4 of the game. What is your agenda?

Important thing for me today is try to keep a clean sheet.

2/10 since the turn of the year. Which have in turn been worth 33% of our points.

We're the second lowest scorers in the league, just try to make our task that little less difficult. Would bite your hand off here for a 1-0.

Not a regular of quoting myself but;

Horrible, ugly game. But didn't leave ourselves an uphill task, the one goal was enough and it was massive with Luton winning.

On to Chelsea now and same again please.

Just because sometimes that’s given a pen in todays game doesn’t mean that was a pen today

It shouldn’t have been a pen. And if that were called against us the other way around we’d be rightly fuming

Two wrongs don’t make a right. I’d like to see these soft pens out of the game
I mean, I can't decide for myself. I'm waiting until Steve Warnock tells me what to think.

It’s the way Dyche plays. Burnley had a lot of the ball but did nothing with it. He sacrifices the wingers to be hard working defensively. He wants to play with what little ball we have in their third and feed off mistakes, so long ball.

He will say the plan worked !!!

Ugly as sin
In his defence, look how many points we've taken when having 15-25 shots on goal only to lose. I'll take any win for the rest of the season. We just have to hope we don't need anything from the last game, at Arsenal

In his defence, look how many points we've taken when having 15-25 shots on goal only to lose. I'll take any win for the rest of the season. We just have to hope we don't need anything from the last game, at Arsenal
Dont get me wrong. I hate the tactics but crikey it is watching the Black Knight from Monty Python. Difficult to do anything else … he would argue