2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Spine of the team kind of player. Isn’t flustered. Big potential there. And you know what it’s a disgrace because if things hadn’t been the way they are you can build a team around players like that and now it’s already looking like he has to go .

All clubs move their better players on at some point, the difference with us they move on without achieving anything like silverware.

He is a generational talent. He is happy to make challenges. He is a future captain for a top 6 club. I would love if we sold him this summer and then loaned back to us for a year

He was so good today. I think players like him go underappreciated by neutrals at times because they're watching highlights or on TV. When you're watching him live you can see the ability and how effortless the game is for him which can come across as lazy or disinterested when it's just him being an exceptionally good player.

Outstanding today playing centre left & at leftback

…..you’d think Mykolenko would risk getting forward more knowing he’s behind. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that Mykolenko looks a better defender since Branthwaite came into the side.

Like all top drawer footballers, Branthwaite makes the game look so easy. He was imperious yesterday, remarkable given his age and the situation at the club.