2023/24 Sean Dyche

If you put Branthwaite in their team instead of Dan Burn they’re significantly better off. If you put Pickford instead of Dubravka they are as well. Also if you put Onana instead of Sean Longstaff.

I look at the two starting line ups yesterday and I do not see a big gulf in quality at all. We had our strongest XI available and they were severely depleted with 9 first teamers unavailable. I can’t see it as a good point I’m afraid.
Also adding the context that we haven't won a game in 4 months makes it even less acceptable

It's hard to look at things objectively and judge him because of the mess the club is in overall and the FFP situation. Things aren't going well at the moment and as the manager he has to take responsibility for that like they all do I think if they lose on Saturday he'd be lucky to keep his job but then again if they win the season as a whole is back to looking like a decent job done.

You must be a very patient fellow because we've only been arguably "entertaining" in the 80s and 2013-16 under Roberto Martinez.

That's a long time
Indeed
And my patience is about to expire.
Only reason I renewed for next season was to say goodbye to what has been my second home for 6 decades .
If nothing improves next season I won’t be saying hello to BMD .
Oh , and I can vouch for the fact we were also very entertaining in the 60’s.
We weren’t even too bad in the barren 70’s

Who decides what's entertaining, i enjoy watching us being competitive and having a go at teams, as opposed to what happened under our last 3 managers - even though we have worse players- though we had a good six month spell under Carlo admittedly tbf, before Jamo exploded.
We do indeed have vastly differing views .
Under Dyche I don’t find us competitive, surrendering two thirds of the pitch along with the initiative is not even vaguely competitive.
It is however very boring.

Joe royal’s team 95/96 was a very entertaining side. Ans
Even some of Moyes teams played good football and attacked teams, we put 7 past Sunderland. His very last game at home v West Ham we played some brilliant stuff that day. Dyche will never change how ever long he is here

It's still a long time for some "entertainment"

ok i know i keep banging the drum

but don’t you all think of who ever has or will “have” the power would of sacked him?

why go nxt game… nxt game..

it means he’s here till summer at the least

we’re all hoping he can do the job

past 3 months says no

Well that clearly hasn’t happened in the last 3 months

100% fallen off a cliff last 3 months. I was ok ish with him at the start of the season. There were quite clearly games that he had them at it and we were unlucky not to have a few more wins. And the team were far more drilled and organised than under the previous two managers. Thats all i really wanted for this season as the last two seasons put years on me.
Its still a bit of a combination of a few things for me in regards the club being a mess but he's as basic bread and butter as you can get. Thing is i still think the personel here are pretty rubbish and a new manager isnt going to get to change them with no funds. The bielsa comments went a little bit under the carpet. He basically said we had to many who cant play.
I'd still replace dyche though.

Good changes with plenty of time to impose themselves on the out come of the match which they duley did. Cant fault Dyche response in match. The man is for changing after all...

It's hard to look at things objectively and judge him because of the mess the club is in overall and the FFP situation. Things aren't going well at the moment and as the manager he has to take responsibility for that like they all do I think if they lose on Saturday he'd be lucky to keep his job but then again if they win the season as a whole is back to looking like a decent job done.
And considering those circumstances Dyche Is about only senior person at the club that will communicate with fans and of course media. Board Onwer Director of football are absentees, when they should be supporting Dyche and players by putting themselves forward to answer the off field mess.

His work should be judged on 32points, but doesn't change the fact we are without a win in 13 prem games.

His work should be judged on 32points, but doesn't change the fact we are without a win in 13 prem games.
Yes thats what I said really if we lose on Saturday then its probably the straw that breaks the camels back for me but if we win then it levels out again as a decent performance in the season overall which is what matters at the end of the day. I try not to get too carried away with good runs or bad runs and focus on the bigger picture which right now is just staying up and trying to live to fight another day however depressing that might be.