Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would of said that before, but I just want to know now. can't handle the waiting.

Also our bad news always comes before a Wk/end..

It might actually give us a good kick up the ass knowing there still could be hope...
Should already be motivated the players and manager must kno how huge this game is with arsenal/luton tomorow. Then spurs/forest and luton/bournemouth we cant take any chances we must win.

Burnley are coming good now. We need the first goal against them. No doubt about it. They have now looked at the league and thought we can now stay up. It’s all to do with the points deductions.
Burnley have won one game in 14 and despite our awful run and six point deduction currently sit seven points behind us with seven games to play versus our eight games which include all five other teams in the bottom six

If we finish below Burnley we deserve to be relegated

Burnley have won one game in 14 and despite our awful run and six point deduction currently sit seven points behind us with seven games to play versus our eight games which include all five other teams in the bottom six

we have 7 stop including the liverpool game!

It's basically a four-way scrap for 18th, although Brentford do have favourable fixtures with only Villa to play from the top six, and Brighton, Sheffield United, Fulham and Newcastle at home. You'd think 7 points or so would do it for them. They're obv the least likely to drop.

Us, I'm expecting 5-6 points to be deducted, which leaves me to think we'd need 10 more points, from which at least one needs to be against Luton (basically do not lose 3 points to them). If we finish on 30 points that would leave Luton needing 31 due to goal difference, which means 9 points from their final 8 games, doable for sure, but not easy.

Of course the points deduction might be more/less severe, which may more or less relegate us immediately (if we get 7-8 points) / give us a hell of a chance of staying up (if it's 3-4 points).

For Luton, if they don't beat us, they'd likely need around 9 points from games vs Arsenal, City, Wolves, West Ham (all away), Bournemouth, Brentford, Fulham (all home) - so definitely doable on those home fixtures, but it would only take one slip up.

Forest, I consider them to have 5 points more than us already but with an extra game played. We'd need to beat them, then get an extra 2-3 points in the remaining games to finish above them. They have Spurs, Sheffield United, Burnley away, and Wolves, City and Chelsea at home.

As it stands I think the table is currently right (Brentford least likely, Luton most likely), possible however Forest with a slight edge on us, but obviously a few surprise results could change it all very quickly.

Burnley are coming good now. We need the first goal against them. No doubt about it. They have now looked at the league and thought we can now stay up. It’s all to do with the points deductions.

Luton is a massive game tonight. Arsenal are fighting for the league and are top. Luton to stay up. Luton have scored in every game since Jan and are a massive 30/1 to win. Crazy odds considering they could go 1 up and defend like mad.

I think the bar is so low for us that we see Burnley scoring a few goals as coming good

Just pummel Burnley with set pieces like in the previous two games.

Luton will do the same at Kenilworth Road so really at this stage of the season it's simply sticking to what the squad does best to get those critical 2-3 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.