Do you drink in The Brick with all the other scruffy ASBOs?

Are you a racist?

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • No

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • They shouldn't be getting tickets, lad

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Special fried rice on toast.

Votes: 16 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is grim, even grimmer than all the crap going on on the pitch and off it.
I travel to away games from the states. I don't have any credits.
I travel with American friends, none of whom have credits.
Depressing to think that people are fuming about us being there.
Everton are not Man City or Liverpool or united.
Anyone who follows Everton from the other side of the world should be lauded (or have their head examined).
The racism is just an extra depressing layer on a lasagne of godawful crap!

Happy monday blues!

[Poor language removed] pub, and heard nothing but nightmares about the coaches from the over the years, over sold, no shows, fighting for seats, fighting for tickets etc.

Will likely be the first the close once we move ground, most people who drink in there on a non match day are those barred from every other pub in the area😂. Will take a abit of doing up to atteact anyone once we leave, and th eoqners have never seem we to want to put any sort of investment into it
It’s a non match day and I am in the Brick. About 12 people in, average age in excess of 60 and I recognise all of them, so regulars. have just canvassed them and none are barred from other pubs. I offered to pay way in excess of the going rate for the baby powder, but nobody came across (got to admit, I suspect old Paddy has a stash in his walking stick). Keep on trying to harvest the likes 👍

Whilst the narrative is of course unsavoury, its important not to create a moral panic and give ammunition to the wider media to paint our fans in general in a poor light.

I imagine a good majority of our fans and those from other more "local" supported clubs have at one stage referenced Anfield, Old Trafford etc. being filled with "day trippers" which will often be based predominantly on the phsyical appearance / dialect of those in and around the ground.

It is wrong to assume the fan in the picture isn't local, it is however unfortunately something that isn't specific to the Brick or our fanbase - I have witnessed plenty of fans from numerous clubs make reference to the rows of chinese / asian fans sat in the front rows of grounds like Anfield, Emirates, Old Trafford etc.

The unfortunate reality is that US owners are buying up PL clubs because the league is going down the road of Americanised "franchises". The local fans have to accept that before long you wont be getting a ticket unless you're wealthy. I assume season tickets will slowly become a thing of the past.

Another reason why I care little if we go down as top flight football in this country just isn't the same as it once was.

Whilst the narrative is of course unsavoury, its important not to create a moral panic and give ammunition to the wider media to paint our fans in general in a poor light.

I imagine a good majority of our fans and those from other more "local" supported clubs have at one stage referenced Anfield, Old Trafford etc. being filled with "day trippers" which will often be based predominantly on the phsyical appearance / dialect of those in and around the ground.

It is wrong to assume the fan in the picture isn't local, it is however unfortunately something that isn't specific to the Brick or our fanbase - I have witnessed plenty of fans from numerous clubs make reference to the rows of chinese / asian fans sat in the front rows of grounds like Anfield, Emirates, Old Trafford etc.

The unfortunate reality is that US owners are buying up PL clubs because the league is going down the road of Americanised "franchises". The local fans have to accept that before long you wont be getting a ticket unless you're wealthy. I assume season tickets will slowly become a thing of the past.

Another reason why I care little if we go down as top flight football in this country just isn't the same as it once was.
christ on a bike.
Fan group post racist tweet.
Fan pub doubles down.
FB92 goes on a rant about franchise football and the end of season tickets.
give it a rest mate.

I clicked on the thread expecting some amusing antics but this was a very dismal thing.

Racism is bad. Do you know how crazy it is to have to say that in 2024? Surely everyone should know that by now.

Drags whatever good is left in the name of Everton even lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.