6 + 2 Point Deductions

Every club now knows we need 50 mil profit before July 1st. So like Richarlison, Branthwaite will probably be sold for as close to that number as possible
Branthwaite, Pickford, and possibly DCL would be my guess. They're our assets (no sniggering anyone about DCL) that probably generate figures. The latter on past reputation and someone gambling.

We'll have one threadbare squad and total plop coming in regardless of who gets sold.

Edit: Onana and Garner might fetch decent money actually.

Sadly that's called a fire sale where we won't be the ones calling the shots.
I know what a fire sale is but it doesn’t override the laws of supply and demand.

We don’t have the power to impose a price if we have to sell by a set date, but if there is one Jarrad Branthwaite and multiple clubs interested that will drive the price.

We won’t get what we’d want in better times (75-80) but the level interest will at least reinforce the floor price. 60-65 I reckon.

I know what a fire sale is but it doesn’t override the laws of supply and demand.

We don’t have the power to impose a price if we have to sell by a set date, but if there is one Jarrad Branthwaite and multiple clubs interested that will drive the price.

We won’t get what we’d want in better times (75-80) but the level interest will at least reinforce the floor price. 60-65 I reckon.
Hope so mate, really do. My fear is we always seem to overvalue every player we have without ever getting our estimate for them on an outright cash sale.

Branthwaite, Pickford, and possibly DCL would be my guess. They're our assets (no sniggering anyone about DCL) that probably generate figures. The latter on past reputation and someone gambling.

We'll have one threadbare squad and total plop coming in regardless of who gets sold.

Onana and Garner will fetch money but not 50 million profit. Branthwaite will have a min 10% sell on fee to Carlisle which would mean we'd need to sell him for over 60 million before July 1st to be compliant. It's looking increasingly likely Pickford would have to be sold but I just cannot see who to, the entire top 6 seem happy with their keepers. Maybe he joins Kanes revolution at Bayern idk

If we need 50m of profit in June it’s Branthwaite pure and simple. Anything else is going to require multiple sales to add up and getting multiple deals done in June, with a Euros on, probably won’t happen.

Onana will likely be sold too but given he’s more likely to play at the Euros than JB we might be as well leaving him in the shop window and doing that deal in the new FY.

Onana and Garner will fetch money but not 50 million profit. Branthwaite will have a min 10% sell on fee to Carlisle which would mean we'd need to sell him for over 60 million before July 1st to be compliant. It's looking increasingly likely Pickford would have to be sold but I just cannot see who to, the entire top 6 seem happy with their keepers. Maybe he joins Kanes revolution at Bayern idk
I mean several of them being sold mate - I don't think we'll cover it with just one. If we go down we'll also be looking to get wages off the books.

If we need 50m of profit in June it’s Branthwaite pure and simple. Anything else is going to require multiple sales to add up and getting multiple deals done in June, with a Euros on, probably won’t happen.

Onana will likely be sold too but given he’s more likely to play at the Euros than JB we might be as well leaving him in the shop window and doing that deal in the new FY.
Yes as responded to another poster, I think we'll see a few being sold.

How likely is it for some players to have relegation release clauses? Not really sure how they work but that could impact values if we have to sell them.

Sell Branthwaite for 60 million. Sign Shane Duffy to replace.

Sell Onana for 45 million and replace with that lad from Coventry.

Sell DCL and keep Maupay as he has a great record in the Championship.

What would Pickford’s amortised value be now if we sold him? He was bought for £30m in 2017 - would that make his book value at circa £5m?
I would have thought Sunderland would have had all the Pickford money by now. If we sold him in the event of a relegation, he would be all profit.

More good news for those who think that a fire-sale will help the club financially; it won't, it would cripple us a 'football club'.

The only solution to 'our' problem, is a new owner with deep pockets, and a sustainable, forward thinking business strategy.

Have a read of this article, or see the excerpt.

From the Athletic®

By Dan Sheldon, March 31st

What Premier League money rules and points deductions mean for the transfer market

Here's an interesting excerpt;

""
[Moderator edit: please don't share paywalls content]