Everton losses double in latest accounts as 'going concern' threat confirmed

So we're screwed then? Or is this getting ahead of a big branthwaite deal to help make it easier to stomach?

There's nothing particularly new or frightening that I can see at first glance, so in that respect there's nothing further suggesting we are screwed........other than the mountain of evidence already before us.

On the downside there is nothing remotely reassuring in these numbers. This is hopefully the low point but there is precious little to suggest we are bouncing back towards being sustainable and competitive in even the mid/ long term.

The forthcoming points deduction and the inevitable relegation that will follow will cost an alteady cash strapped club 10s of millions even allowing for parachute payments. We won’t even get the full amount for Pickford, Braithwaite and Onana as a result. Leicester only got 40m for Maddison when they got relegated.
I really feel for the future of our club as a result. A packed out new stadium in the championship isn’t going to deliver the riches we’d hoped for with debts to be serviced on the stadium from championship revenues as opposed to PL ones.
Moshiri and the board had the press in their pockets, whilst their mismanagement of our club was obvious to all the fans. Can you imagine the press turning a blind eye to such mismanagement at the RS and United?
As a result the future of the club is at risk and with the uncertainty of the ownership in doubt, the long term rebuilding of the club looks as far away as ever.

How many last minute own goal defeats does it take before you realise your life would be happier if we were liquidated?

All of our lives would be infinitely better if this club didn’t exist. No one can tell me otherwise. It’s by a country mile the hardest club to support in the entire world. Clubs that have plummeted down the leagues haven’t had the cherry on the cake that is multiple league title and Champions League winning neighbours rubbing it in their faces every season.

All of our lives would be infinitely better if this club didn’t exist. No one can tell me otherwise. It’s by a country mile the hardest club to support in the entire world. Clubs that have plummeted down the leagues haven’t had the cherry on the cake that is multiple league title and Champions League winning neighbours rubbing it in their faces every season.

Absolutely. Is there a professional club in the country that hasn’t finished in the top 3 in their division or had a successful Wembley final in the last 25 years? I doubt it.