Relegation 23/24 Thread

I'm tired of being mocked by my mates for supporting Everton. What's the point of staying up to remain a laughing stock?

At this point I embrace relegation. Best case scenario, the club fights back and renews its identity. If not, and it fades into obscurity, well. Look at the last time we had any relevance or came close to winning anything. It's hard to build a case that we don't deserve that fate.

I feel like I'm in the unhealthiest relationship of my life at this point. I just want to be shot of it.
Only six teams in this league (we ain’t one), the rest are just making up the numbers.

We are in midst of the perfect storm at the moment.

Uncertainty over the ownership and leadership, a tactically inept manager who can't inspire or motivate the players, poor quality players who are low on confidence, poor form and no money. Add in the prospect of another points deduction and this is a bleak, bleak time.

It's unbelievable we aren't a cert for a spot in the bottom three.

We’ve developed a worrying trend of leaking late goals as well - West Ham, Brighton and now Bournemouth.

Don’t see us getting anything at Newcastle despite their injuries and Burnley looks a lot more difficult fixture than a few weeks ago.

Worrying times

I’m just bored of trying to cling on the our PL status by our fingertips season after season. Also if someone had last year said DCL would play the majority of games this season, I think most would have thought we would probably be mid table, but he’s been an absolutely awful this year.

Relegation is inevitable at some point. This owner, this manager, this horrible putrid team of wage thieves, and sections of our fanbase who defend them all for so long. All of them objectively deserve relegation. Maybe we stay up this season because the bottom three are so wretched. Maybe we get the same situation again next season too but at some point there will come a season where the bottom three aren't laughable jokes who can't be counted on to outdo us on terms of incompetence and ineptitude and that's when it'll happen.

Luton Town is a tiny club punching way above its natural weight. Any comparison between us and them can only be embarrassing for us.
Yep, big club/small club. We may have a bigger fanbase (although i suspect that most 'new generation' football fans will gravitate towrds the successful club, and that means the RS for us). But neither us or Luton have won anything for 29 years. If being a big club means having won things historically, then we might as well support Preston North End (or Old Etonians)

This table could look worse with a points deduction but it’s still well in our hands at the moment. The big games are all yet to come though.

IMG_3283.jpeg