2023/24 Sean Dyche

So he's had three weeks with them in Portugal, and you just know that rather than looking at making changes to try and address what issues we have, he's just gone and said "what we're doing is fine, we just need to keep doing the same." It's maddening. On occasions where we managed to transition between defense and midfield today (mainly due to Onana, who was our best player), the players didn't have a clue what to do next. I'm not saying we will ever be like city with these players, where it goes from defense to midfield, midfield to attack, back out again etc., but all we have is hoof. Yes, there isn't anything wrong with occasionally launching it, but we rely 100% on luck, like Beto's goal today, or Branthwaite's when it fell to him and he lashed it in. There is no craft. Yes some of the players aren't good enough for this level, but they still need coaching. Just launch it to Dom or Beto isn't coaching. Eventually, like he had at Burnley, you have a run where the ball doesn't fall to you, or you strikers aren't scoring, and you don't score enough. Hopefully we can just about stay up, but it's pretty clear that his approach isn't sustainable

Except he's stated that in his (deluded) opinion, 777 are the best option for the club... and he's probably agreed to exclusivity for them until the PL advise they will not gain approval.
If someone offers guaranteed payment which gives him a quicker exit, he’ll take it regardless of his comments on 777.

Any form exclusivity will have a clause, and the length of time this has been going on it’s almost a cert that it’s past.

This notion that a magical person is sitting in the dark waiting to pounce makes them more dangerous than 777. They’re literally watching the club implode.

Whether 777 are poor or not, we need decision makers urgently. That’s all that matters in the short term

…I remain of a view that you can’t separate what’s going on off the pitch to what’s happening on it. A sick football club will manifest itself on team performance. A team vastly improved on last season, playing with freedom & going along nicely get hit with 10 points deduction.

An immediate positive reaction then the reality hits of a relegation battle, the players and crowd become tense then there’s the threat of another deduction. The Chairman passes, the Board resign, the owner sells up. You can’t divorce this from Dyche and the team.

We haven’t won a football match in over 3 months, I understand the rage at Dyche and he has to be accountable for that. I understand the shouts for his removal, if he goes it’s what happens but never think this team is playing in a vacuum detached from the mess the club is.

If someone offers guaranteed payment which gives him a quicker exit, he’ll take it regardless of his comments on 777.

Any form exclusivity will have a clause, and the length of time this has been going on it’s almost a cert that it’s past.

This notion that a magical person is sitting in the dark waiting to pounce makes them more dangerous than 777. They’re literally watching the club implode.

Whether 777 are poor or not, we need decision makers urgently. That’s all that matters in the short term
Well, when the MSP repayment is due (sometime by mid-April), it's possible that Moshiri might have the decision making wrenched from his grasp

Agree with all of this

I'm a bit bored hearing there are other interested parties. Let's see offers on the table then.

Interest doesn't matter unless there is a willingness to make an offer.

One little moment that stood out to me today - just before the penalty shout we had a bit of a chance to counter from a set piece, got the ball up to DCL and I counted 5 Bournemouth players all bombed back and into position before any of ours got anywhere near to offer support.

Maybe that's just positioning but I just didn't see players busting a gut for Dyche today, and up until now hard graft has been the one thing we have. In normal circumstances maybe that's a sign of a managerial reign ending, in our current ones probably not but a big concern.