2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I'm one of his staunchest defenders but he needs to change something up desperately. I'd like to see him play with some anger. Those Bournemouth defenders were nothing special and he should be beating them up (football wise). Like versus Chelsea in Duncs first managerial match and versus Arsenal in Dyche's first match
The injuries won't have taken that away from him.

I'm one of his staunchest defenders but he needs to change something up desperately. I'd like to see him play with some anger. Those Bournemouth defenders were nothing special and he should be beating them up (football wise). Like versus Chelsea in Duncs first managerial match and versus Arsenal in Dyche's first match
The injuries won't have taken that away from him.

Yep, everything he's doing is timid. Not reacting to anything, not winning his personal battles. Not acceptable for the main striker to be on 22 games without scoring.

Has all the physical attributes(Bar his insect no power calves) to be a good striker, but isn't a good footballer, unfortunately.
He's hot though, right?

Always offside, poor movement and snaps at any chance he gets.

Could probably be very effective with a player that actually scores goals from his flick ons, if he actually meant them.

You've had enough chances buddy, dunno why you keep getting them..

You were great for the team when you came back for 5 games or so, but that was a LONG time ago.

Erratic Beto(Who scores goals) gets my vote..

Why doesn't he appeal for the penalty?

I know we don't want be a nuisance to PL/refs, on or off the pitch.

But at least roll around/wave your arms//run towards the ref like every other striker in world football would've done in that situation.

That's it. A poor run of form happens but needs to be doing the basics. We all know Beto is limited but at least he causes some carnage.

Beto just tries to make a nuisance of himself when he's in and around the box. That'll always give you the odd half chance every now and then like today.

DCL is just static for every single thing in an around the 6 yard box. He doesn't want to get involved

Why doesn't he appeal for the penalty?

I know we don't want be a nuisance to PL/refs, on or off the pitch.

But at least roll around/wave your arms//run towards the ref like every other striker in world football would've done in that situation.
Probably knew we weren’t getting it as VAR would have found some reason not to