6 + 2 Point Deductions

Shitty 777 come in, and deal with all our shittyness.

We scrape survival.

We scrape another season in the prem on a budget.

We move into our amazing new ground and tread water.

Slightly increased incomings, less deadwood/silly wages and actual accountancy start to show green shoots, and hopefully catch the eye for actual prime investment ….

From acorns….
I think 777 will be swerved and we will start the climb upwards under more respectable and responsible owners.

I think 777 will be swerved and we will start the climb upwards under more respectable and responsible owners.
I really hope so
We must be a bargain price for the potential of owning a famous premier league team about to move into a top ground

I’d like to think there are buyers waiting in the wings ready to pounce if we get through this third relegation scrap unscathed and still haven’t finished this 777 takeover

The modern game of football, truly a shadow of what it used to be. Shouldn’t be any financial controls, it an owner can’t be responsible then that’s on them. Shouldn’t be up to the league to tell anyone what money they can and cannot spend.
all on a "gentleman's agreement" where clubs agree to the rules by handshake.

Whilst I agree with this completely, given the points we would have already accumulated without the points deduction you could argue we’d virtually already be there in terms of winning our status on the pitch.

If we get another points deduction and we’re still sitting outside the relegation zone then it’s very difficult to keep having a go at a squad that has battled relegation for 2 seasons for being able to take a 10 point deduction and still have their fate in their own hands.
True but you still have to question a team who has not won in how many games now, the tean has had chances to move clear even witth a deduction just cant give them a pass because of it

who are they mate?
we’re are they mate?
mate?
Calm down matty, patience is the key, we are not far from finding out.
I really hope so
We must be a bargain price for the potential of owning a famous premier league team about to move into a top ground

I’d like to think there are buyers waiting in the wings ready to pounce if we get through this third relegation scrap unscathed and still haven’t finished this 777 takeover
Faith and patience I think will be rewarded with a brighter future, it can’t get any darker than it is now as we all know.

In my head they've said it's 3 points for breaching and up to 3 points for an aggravating breach. We've not spent any money and we've further reduced (playing) costs so I don't see how they can add the extras. Given we've been charged 2 out of the 3 seasons then our punishment should be 1 point.

Arguably you can add mitigation and get that to zero, with perhaps a fine or a suspended point(s) deduction instead.

That said because we are Everton we'll end up getting 6 and get Forest's two point deduction on top, as someone needs to take them. As you've said no one really knows but least I can apply logic to my guess rather than us just being slapped with 4-6 just because.
Very good first two paragraphs, the third one made me smile!

Pure buzzing for our accountancy to start showing green shoots. The beautiful game.
Used to be that clubs were only a Kanchelskis and proper manager away from going from relegation candidates to qualifying for Europe. Now we have about three players that would even get in the squad of the top six teams.
Premier league has ruined football in this country and these rules we’re getting done by are just there to ensure it stays ruined.