2023/24 Nathan Patterson

….its nothing to do with being young or old, its about being good or bad. Branthwaite is younger and holds down his place. Unfortunately in our predicament we’ve not been able to afford an effective RB so have had to do with converted CBs or old blokes on Bosmans.

Watch games back where Patterson plays and see how many crosses come in from his side. His positioning sense is poor, he’s either rushing at his winger making him easy to get past or standing way off. He makes me nervous when he plays, I’m sure Dyche and the coaches feel exactly the same.

As is often the case with our club, unless he can turn things around, he just looks another poor piece of business. Young players still have to be good enough.
Hasn’t done any worse than any of the other experienced pros we have put there this season, whose mistakes have directly led to conceding goals/penalties and dropping points.

The difference is, Patterson will likely improve with games whereas we have seen that they won’t.

Same here, I don't think he has looked noticeably worse than any of the others and can cross a ball better and his upside if he progresses is much more worth pursuing.

If he was dump and costing us, just like young has on many occasions and Godfrey with lead in his boots, then I would be fine with him on the bench but he's not being given a fair chance in my opinion.

….its nothing to do with being young or old, its about being good or bad. Branthwaite is younger and holds down his place. Unfortunately in our predicament we’ve not been able to afford an effective RB so have had to do with converted CBs or old blokes on Bosmans.

Watch games back where Patterson plays and see how many crosses come in from his side. His positioning sense is poor, he’s either rushing at his winger making him easy to get past or standing way off. He makes me nervous when he plays, I’m sure Dyche and the coaches feel exactly the same.

As is often the case with our club, unless he can turn things around, he just looks another poor piece of business. Young players still have to be good enough.
Same amount that come in through Godfrey or Coleman as we defend 99% of the game, what a pointless argument that is.

But it's even more pointless as valuing Dyche's opinion as he "watches them in training" so you do you.

Young & Coleman are finished.

Godfrey is not a RB.

= Patterson plays. Less mistakes and better games than the ofher 3.

He manager is off his tits.

Young & Coleman are finished.

Godfrey is not a RB.

= Patterson plays. Less mistakes and better games than the ofher 3.

He manager is off his tits.

….it says everything that those 3 are ahead of Patterson in the pecking order. Dyche has us defensively quite sound, that’s the end of the discussion really as it indicates he knows exactly what he’s doing. I’m sure Dyche would be delighted if Patterson was the answer but he just isn’t.

….it says everything that those 3 are ahead of Patterson in the pecking order. Dyche has us defensively quite sound, that’s the end of the discussion really as it indicates he knows exactly what he’s doing. I’m sure Dyche would be delighted if Patterson was the answer but he just isn’t.
But we also need to attack and the others offer nothing.

We aren’t that defensively sound. Kept 2 clean sheets in last 11 games, conceded 19 and won none of them.

Saying it again but in literally any statistic Coleman is not first. You (plural) have a hard on for him cuz hE'z A ToP BloO but in reality he is a very old and very limited footballer, more than he was when he had pace.

We gave a chance to Mykolenko as we had no one else (he tried to shoehorn Young before him at LB, just to remind you all x ) and he turned out okay, but sadly for Patterson we have a few pensioners and Dyche values "experience" (like how they're experiencing being ran past) over giving any kind of chance to a player to learn.

I've never thought that Patterson was that bad to be honest

Clearly not the finished article, but I think there's potential there

I think if we'd signed him from a similar or lower level Premier League side, or even a Championship side, then he would have been given more patience and time to get it right, but because he's from Scotland some had the knives nice and sharpened before he'd even done anything

Saying it again but in literally any statistic Coleman is not first. You (plural) have a hard on for him cuz hE'z A ToP BloO but in reality he is a very old and very limited footballer, more than he was when he had pace.

We gave a chance to Mykolenko as we had no one else (he tried to shoehorn Young before him at LB, just to remind you all x ) and he turned out okay, but sadly for Patterson we have a few pensioners and Dyche values "experience" (like how they're experiencing being ran past) over giving any kind of chance to a player to learn.

….you must be getting me mixed up with somebody else, I actually wish we weren’t reliant on Coleman, Young or Godfrey. It’s a sad indictment of our ineptitude that we are ;)

I've never thought that Patterson was that bad to be honest

Clearly not the finished article, but I think there's potential there

I think if we'd signed him from a similar or lower level Premier League side, or even a Championship side, then he would have been given more patience and time to get it right, but because he's from Scotland some had the knives nice and sharpened before he'd even done anything
Patterson is not without faults, no player is, going forward he has made a couple of assists that have produced goals and put quite a balls across the goal that should have produced a few more, lack of anticipation the fault there.I think the more he plays the better he will become as pointed out here previously. Nathen is picked and plays for Scotland quite a lot and although Scotland, unfortunately, are no longer a top team he is getting more experience with them than Everton.

Patterson is not without faults, no player is, going forward he has made a couple of assists that have produced goals and put quite a balls across the goal that should have produced a few more, lack of anticipation the fault there.I think the more he plays the better he will become as pointed out here previously. Nathen is picked and plays for Scotland quite a lot and although Scotland, unfortunately, are no longer a top team he is getting more experience with them than Everton.

He is currently only starting for Scotland as Arron Hickey is injured.

When this season ends he will have been here for 2 1/2 years and at the moment he is probably 4th choice. He should have been loaned out to a championship team last summer.