6 + 2 Point Deductions

In a normal non corrupt world, it could definitely bite them up the ass. Every hearing is by a different set of people and they look at the whole case again and if they don't agree with certain things in that case then they can adjust to what they think it should be. It was easy to knock 4 points off for us because it was ridiculously high in the first place whereas there's was ridiculously low with zero consistency when compared to ours.

Man i hope they get their just deserves. Expecting the opposite though tbf as the whole process is shambolic.
Just deserves ???? Sod em I would rather be in the championship than bow down to corruption get some back bone and stand up to it

The IC can do what they like, just look at the 3 we`ve seen so far.

I hope their appeal is heard by the hanging judge that sat our 1st IC.

They can put it up but they are never ever likely to, in the last IC it should have said that in the event of an appeal 2 points goes back on for swift compliance then you can start arguing it down again.
The appeal IC can indeed increase the sanctions. Is that likely probably not but if the IC couldn’t vary the number of points why are Forest hoping for a deduction?

The appeal IC wont be looking at the aspects of co operation but if they feel the allowance granted for mitigation is too high / low then the numbers will varied

Yes, this is where the broad ranging powers of the ICs come in. They can effectively do anything they want with this appeal. Sky may believe it is unlikely to increase but anything can happen.

The one bit I don’t know is what role the PL now play. Can they restate their argument for an 8 point deduction since the ball is essentially back in play? Or would they themselves also have to also lodge an appeal to argue for a greater sanction?
I think the PL come back in to play... certainly need to put forward some aggravating factors which were never considered in the 1st IC notes.

More worried about Forest being "Nice".

Matt makes a good point. I guess it’s a good bit of psychological warfare to keep Luton (and us) guessing as to what points Forest will end up on.

Also means they can see the initial outcome of ours before theirs begins, maybe there’s something to help them in there.

Might as well stick in the appeal and have the option to withdraw it I guess.

We’re “satisfied” with our 6 point deduction though, grateful even. We currently don’t have anyone at the club with a backbone to contest any decisions given against us. The owner doesn’t want to know, the Chief executive quit alongside other members of the board, and the Chairman died.

We’ve clearly promoted people within to fill those positions in an Emergency who aren’t qualified to be there. We’re a completely rudderless ship with no captain.
I agree to a point but Everton have got to be careful with another charge pending. Forest can be relatively satisfied and confident they won’t get more points….we can’t given the second hearing had commenced.

The result of the second hearing will dictate how we proceed. A suspended sentence or 1-2 points we keep quiet. Hit us hard then the legal letters start id imagine, injunctions on the PL, threatening not to satisfy key fixtures etc

Madness.

Imagine they finish 1 point below relegation going into the appeal. Surely they don't get it reduced. But if they finish 1 point ahead then whoever is below them should be piling on pressure for extra points off as they are not cooperating by appealing and they should use our initial punishment as a target.

Just deserves ???? Sod em I would rather be in the championship than bow down to corruption get some back bone and stand up to it
Ahh the Forest fan comes out of the wood work again. Yes Just deserves. Your punishment was absolutely pathetic and should have been higher than Everton's but you got away with it and now you want even more. Well i for one hope they up it to 40 points just for your club being total bell whiffs.

You have been on the receiving end of gifts, not corruption.

I agree to a point but Everton have got to be careful with another charge pending. Forest can be relatively satisfied and confident they won’t get more points….we can’t given the second hearing had commenced.

The result of the second hearing will dictate how we proceed. A suspended sentence or 1-2 points we keep quiet. Hit us hard then the legal letters start id imagine, injunctions on the PL, threatening not to satisfy key fixtures etc
Hit us hard with another 6 and I would be completely done with footy.

I think I'd prefer us to not bothering to fulfill our fixtures out of protest.

Putting aside the unjust points deduction and given the club the benefit of doubt regarding the first charge and interest payments on the stadium. To now be done again for the following season just shows how shambolic this club has been in their finances. Clueless off and on the pitch.