Relegation 23/24 Thread

Another 6 point deduction on the way, though.

The football establishment seem determined to destroy us.
Arguably, whilst I maybe don't agree with you, we've Everton'd ourselves, literally obliterated ourselves in such a way, we've destroyed ourselves. The establishment seem like there is an agenda, but in their eyes its irrelevant. We've made our choices, it's gonna take a massive change to make us better.. I don't see we have the ability to change the spiral we're in.

Another 6 point deduction on the way, though.

The football establishment seem determined to destroy us.

If you’re so confident there’s another 6 point deduction on the way then I’d take that 6/1 bet all day long, fill your boots. Pretty foolish of the bookies to be offering those odds given the information you’ve clearly got.

If you’re so confident there’s another 6 point deduction on the way then I’d take that 6/1 bet all day long, fill your boots. Pretty foolish of the bookies to be offering those odds given the information you’ve clearly got.
I agree with the bookies tho.

I think even if we get another 6 points we have enough "easy" games to get out of it.

So I shall not be taking their 6/1 and besides, 6/1 isnt really that attractive.

I agree with the bookies tho.

I think even if we get another 6 points we have enough "easy" games to get out of it.

So I shall not be taking their 6/1 and besides, 6/1 isnt really that attractive.

6/1 definitely is attractive if you believe that we’re getting a 6 point deduction, which the gentleman above clearly does. That’s £70 back off a tenner, I’d be taking that bet if I believed we were getting another 6 off (I do not believe that)

6/1 definitely is attractive if you believe that we’re getting a 6 point deduction, which the gentleman above clearly does. That’s £70 back off a tenner, I’d be taking that bet if I believed we were getting another 6 off (I do not believe that)
Yeah but if going to profit off Evertons relegation I need more than 60 quid profit.

Put £20 on then.

If we get 6 more points deducted then we will instantly go from 6/1 to about evens. Get it while it’s hot.
I dont believe another 6 points should relegate us tho Mike.

If they wanna give me 6/1 for 6 points I will take that.

After what they give Forest, I wouldnt even be shocked if they gave us another 10 cos they clearly making it up they go.

The team can literally end any & all talk of relegation in these next 6 games, regardless of any potential second points sanction.

If we go into the final 4 games of the season still hovering just above the drop then you'd find it extremely difficult to justify why we haven't deserved it should 'it' happen...

Arguably, whilst I maybe don't agree with you, we've Everton'd ourselves, literally obliterated ourselves in such a way, we've destroyed ourselves. The establishment seem like there is an agenda, but in their eyes its irrelevant. We've made our choices, it's gonna take a massive change to make us better.. I don't see we have the ability to change the spiral we're in.

Exactly. We've done this to ourselves through terrible management and ownership choices

My biggest fear is that the fns are losing belief. We really do need everyone back behind them for these last home games, blue smoke everywhere, mass chanting as the coach arrives, and all through each game, whole kennels full of Alsatians being held aloft. If we can do that again, we are safe. But there is so much negativity this time around, that defience that pushed us through may not resurface, and if it doesn't we really are screwed!

My biggest fear is that the fns are losing belief. We really do need everyone back behind them for these last home games, blue smoke everywhere, mass chanting as the coach arrives, and all through each game, whole kennels full of Alsatians being held aloft. If we can do that again, we are safe. But there is so much negativity this time around, that defience that pushed us through may not resurface, and if it doesn't we really are screwed!
I think it’ll be very difficult to motivate fans to do that in the same way as 2022. I think there were two big factors then. First, was the Benitez/ Lampard thing. Everyone hated Benitez and everyone blamed him for where we were. Lampard game in and connected with the fans straightaway. Second, it was the first time in over twenty years we’d been in that position so there was a sense we didn’t deserve it and that it we could only escape this year, things would improve.

We’ve got none of these things now. The only motivating factor is the the injustice of the points deduction. Apart from anything else, who’s going to wave the flare like Richarlison did?