6 + 2 Point Deductions

These rules were only ever brought in because Manchester City’s new wealth put a lot of noses out of joint, and the objective was to prevent City from overtaking the likes of us and then buying their way to constant success.

The irony is that the rules haven’t impeded City at all, and have instead become a massive issue for clubs like Everton, Forest, and Leicester whilst operating around the bottom half of the Premier League.

It’s ridiculous! And this isn’t what the clubs thought they were voting for all those years ago.

The fact we’ve accepted Forests lesser sentence without a comment tells you everything you need to know about Everton. Spineless and weak from top to bottom
At this point mate, with 10 games left and still in a relegation battle I have no problem with us keeping quiet.
By all accounts Forest were deducted 2 fewer points because of their cooperation.
If us keeping quiet is the difference between 4 and 2 points being deducted for example I think we stfu until a verdict is reached and then unload vitriol after the fact

At this point mate, with 10 games left and still in a relegation battle I have no problem with us keeping quiet.
By all accounts Forest were deducted 2 fewer points because of their cooperation.
If us keeping quiet is the difference between 4 and 2 points being deducted for example I think we stfu until a verdict is reached and then unload vitriol after the fact

The fact we’ve accepted Forests lesser sentence without a comment tells you everything you need to know about Everton. Spineless and weak from top to bottom
They’ll be using this in the hearing next week. And using it in legal proceedings after if they perceive we’ve not been fairly dealt with

As much as it annoys us fans, quiet is good from a legal pov

Or it could just be that saying anything now would negatively impact the imminent hearing for the 2nd charge and they will use the forest inconsistency to their advantage and see how that goes before coming out with anything publicly. I would guess there are people there that have been dying to say something about it. It was another huge injustice against Everton. Saying nothing just for the moment is the most sensible way forward for them.

Does this have anything to do with us having good behaviour to get points off like forest. If not would be shocked if not a reaction after the result if it goes the same as first

They’ll be using this in the hearing next week. And using it in legal proceedings after if they perceive we’ve not been fairly dealt with

As much as it annoys us fans, quiet is good from a legal pov
Agreed. I get why there is a clamour for a Club Statement but right now there’s no benefit. It’s frustrating to have things play out behind closed doors but that sadly is the way things are.

A new colleague of mine is a massive Birmingham City fan so inevitably we ended up having a 45 minute conversation on our respective woes.

Something I didn't realise... this is an issue in the Championship as well. Granted, Leicester are now in trouble with the PL, but they along with Leeds and Southampton have been able to spend big in Championship terms to get themselves to the top of the table.

Birmingham have struggled with trash owners recently themselves, and they're also in a position where they are precariously sat above the trap door, but unable to spend for fear of FFP breach.

I just saw a piece on Sky in which Kaveh Solhekol stated that a charge for Leicester is unfair given that they have already been punished i.e. relegated 🤔
I don't think that is how it works to be honest
Most Leicester fans seem to think they got relegated because Brenda had gotten the cigars out halfway through the season and basically had given up.

I have no love for Leicester but the story of English football:

Club A:
Promoted the PL
Wins PL
Starts selling best players
Wins FA Cup
Continues to sell best players
Builds state of the art training facility
Relegated
Accounts report £92m loss

Verdict: Points deduction

Club B:
Has £750m debt

Verdict: Sound
The weird thing with Leicester is that while you can easily pinpoint where it went wrong for us and Forest in terms of signings / wages etc it’s quite hard with Leicester.

Over the period they’ve been charged they’ve had some big sales (Maguire / Chilwell / Fofana), some of their signings have been expensive flops but not nearly as many as us. Surely the system has to have some tolerance for a few missteps.

My guess would be that the league win and CL football triggered large pay rises for the squad at that time, and then subsequent signings fit into that new inflated wage structure that wasn’t sustainable without the inflated revenue.

They’ve definitely made mistakes but it shows the unforgiving the whole system is: we want you to spend spend spend to improve the product, woah there you’ve spent too much, we’ll have your points.

I just saw a piece on Sky in which Kaveh Solhekol stated that a charge for Leicester is unfair given that they have already been punished i.e. relegated 🤔
I don't think that is how it works to be honest
Especially as they kept hold of a hat full of players that they could have sold, and even brought in more after going down. Tom Cannon for example.