New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm really not sure what people are expecting to see inside.

Peel away the exterior of any stadium and you are basically left with the same thing; concrete terracing and seats. Yes, some might have more tiers/ overlapping stands, single tier home end, double tier, steep stands, shallow stands, more executive boxes, whatever...

Ours is unique because of the initimacy from the steepness of the stands, the huge glazed north stand etc but ultimately, there is very little you can do to make the inside as unique as the outside is from any other stadium up and down the country.
Screenshot_20240320_145158_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20240320_144758_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20240320_144850_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20240320_144921_Google.jpg

Amazing how a stadium can look bland and soulless when empty...

Let alone when it's still a building site 🤷‍♂️

Personally, I think the design and delivery of that design is amazing - we’ve created this Victorian dock building with this piece of modernity basically exploding out of it, literally making it look like it’s split the walls like some blue Incredible Hulk. And then we put these great windows in it, so we can see the industrial wonder it’s part of - the loading cranes and turbines stretching out into the distance, the docks that probably brought most of our forefathers here in the first place.

Hardly any other stadium in the world has this - they have screens and curves to STOP you looking out and try and hide the fact that there are just houses and flats and office blocks all around it. But we won’t have that - we have this astonishing setting that the design has managed to celebrate.

The only thing that was ever dodgy in the design was the waterside multi-storey car park in the original. Thankfully someone saw sense there and the added waterside tier in its place will hopefully be the scene of some iconic bringing-the-cup-home celebrations with fireworks over the Mersey one day.

Not promising what day mind…

Can you explain what you like better? I've heard this bland comment before but no-on has specifically explained what it is they're expecting to see.

As far as i can see both stadiums have concrete terracing and seats. As does every other stadium in the entire world.

The only difference between the two images is that the Spurs stadium is full of fans and advertising hoardings and the images of BM are not.

Club legends art integrated into the seat pattens or the club crest , like this but white and blue for a start. Aesthetic things really.

IMG_0116.jpeg

Why do clubs have them then? I don’t think they would do any harm mate . Goodison still has them in terms of lettering.
That can all be added easily I'm sure. Currently all the seats are blue and I don't think they'll be like that come opening day.

Let's get all the dumper trucks, cranes, scissor lifts, shipping containers and pallets gone first. Then we can worry about fancy seat patterns.

It is still a 13k single tier (with super riser), however that picture with the balloons is of the proposed 15k stand within the 60k stadium.

You can tell this by the true three tier west stand and the gap between the South and the side stand uppers.

See this @GrandOldTeam and this explains how that pic has a triple decker stand which ours doesn't and that home end was the monster sized one.