New Everton Stadium Discussion

NWHL is much tighter than practically all NFL stadiums and its sightlines are more conducive to viewing our football. No NFL stadium has a large Kop-like end stand either. It's corporate offer is literally several levels above BMD, with whole dedicated elevated tiers offering more varied and exclusive viewing angle options. Generating far more income. Its construction costs were less than ours, although project costs may be similar.

At the same time BMD's relative simplicity may be more unifying in terms of whole-stadium atmosphere etc. Sometimes less is more. A bit like comparing say 1960's Goodison to 1960's Anfield. Structurally, two-tiered Goodison was head and shoulders over the single-tiered austerity of Anfield on almost every measure. However, Anfield was a simple tight, enclosed echo-chamber, that could easily generate a good atmosphere with less than 40,000 inside. Goodison's high and clipped-back roof-lines and low terraces usually needed bigger attendances, but as a result of standing on all sides and a greater capacity, was a real bearpit when the right occasion or provocation arrived. BMD is more of a basic bowl than NWHL or indeed Goodison is. In many ways, Meis' design for Roma was probably more reflective of GP, but with better proportions and acoustics.
Not sure how this is more reflective of Goodison

1710935533588.png

1710935560491.png

I think it’s more the internal parts that you can’t see from the outside.

Each is own mate. I would have liked it to have been aesthetically more stylish internally. As I said to a couple of other posters the exterior is brilliant, some of the photos and videos fans take are great.

When I go for my walks i sometimes go past it just to check it out for myself.

I’m reading twitter/x and some blues simply can’t handle different opinions on this, losing their heads because of a few fart inhaling fans of other clubs not being impressed

Thing is I don't think there is that much they can do to 'cheapen down' the internals. At the end of the day it's a stadium, so general admission areas will be exposed concrete and no ceilings, same as every other arena.

Maybe they'll scrimp on the toilets but I can live without gold taps, and let's face it anything is an improvement on Goodison.

A few people have said this before. I think you're mistaken. The "industrial style windows" that people believe they've seen are actually just the grid framework that the black/dark grey aluminium panels are fixed to. That's why the ones that have been seen are no longer visible. They were never windows and have now had the panels affixed.

Maybe I'm wrong but pretty sure this whole industrial window thing is an urban myth. 🤷‍♂️

No you're right. As you say I think it was due to the framework being visible, it looked like false windows of sort.

Came for a pick me up, read this thread and get. It’s not gonna be as good as spurs. North stand is rubbish, the gaps in the side look rubbish.

Give your heads a wobble ffs

I think its quite a healthy debate. It looks fantastic but there isnt anything wrong in an opinion of maybe making it even more Everton unique on the inside. A new stadium is a big thing that will last for generations of Evertonians. I can still clearly remember walking up the gwladys street steps and going wow at the first game of the new park end. It was new and looked great. Then gradually over the years wishing they had kept the continuity of the bullens road and made it a double tier. You generally get one shot at this. Something that evokes a bit of nostalgia of Goodison in a modern new ground i think it would add a touch of class and be the cherry on the cake.
If thats moaning then so be it. I think it looks Boss either way.

Talking of NWHL, I see that they added rail seats to the very back of their large End Stand (theirs is the South Stand too isn't it?).

So they have the front half of it with rail seats, a seating section then the very back 10 to 15 rows more rail seats.

I'd like that for our South Stand. There's a good chance that the upper half will become too Park Endish, rarely stood, and not helping any songs to spread. An additional rail seat section could help the South Stand become as one.

Sorry if already posted, look at that, it’s why i praise the exterior, the lighting and the water as the background, almost as sexy as this forum

Best thing is, this is just construction lighting.

It’s designed to be functional, rather than impressive.

It’s going to look unreal with properly designed, dramatic lighting.

You’re right but from a visual standpoint, it’s bland. I look at Spurs’ ground , I’m not a big fan of it but I like the interior aesthetic better than ours .

View attachment 249307
Can you explain what you like better? I've heard this bland comment before but no-on has specifically explained what it is they're expecting to see.

As far as i can see both stadiums have concrete terracing and seats. As does every other stadium in the entire world.

The only difference between the two images is that the Spurs stadium is full of fans and advertising hoardings and the images of BM are not.

Can you explain what you like better? I've heard this bland comment before but no-on has specifically explained what it is they're expecting to see.

As far as i can see both stadiums have concrete terracing and seats. As does every other stadium in the entire world.

The only difference between the two images is that the Spurs stadium is full of fans and advertising hoardings and the images of BM are not.
This is exactly it.

An empty stadium makes you feel very little. It tells you nothing about the atmosphere.

This is exactly it.

An empty stadium makes you feel very little. It tells you nothing about the atmosphere.
I'm really not sure what people are expecting to see inside.

Peel away the exterior of any stadium and you are basically left with the same thing; concrete terracing and seats. Yes, some might have more tiers/ overlapping stands, single tier home end, double tier, steep stands, shallow stands, more executive boxes, whatever...

Ours is unique because of the initimacy from the steepness of the stands, the huge glazed north stand etc but ultimately, there is very little you can do to make the inside as unique as the outside is from any other stadium up and down the country.

Best thing is, this is just construction lighting.

It’s designed to be functional, rather than impressive.

It’s going to look unreal with properly designed, dramatic lighting.

It’s the actual 4th grace already and it’s not even finished - it looks amazing inside and out.