Forest fan - 20th April, we need to do something

haha didn't know what to expect tbh... of course, there were some Forest fans who called you cheats, I'd argue that wasn't representative of the whole fan base at all. Again, I don't support any poverty chanting.

I'm just one fan of Nottingham Forest, I'm not the club, so when someone says... "you called us cheats", I certainly didn't.

I also think our club did over spend and did break the rules, I just think the rules are in place to protect the bigger clubs and I thought this thread would start a discussion along those lines, as I'm genuinely concerned about the future of football. I wanted to generate a discussion about FFP, but if the responses to this thread are... "cheats, scab, scum, cringeworthy" no problem, I'll move on.

puss-in-boots-cat-help-me-pm7wey3s0bx9bv7b.gif

Not going to bore you with the details of our FFP case and I must admit I can only go off what I've read online with regards to your current predicament. I think most Forest fans will happily admit that we spent frivolously and we were a little naive. However, we have a very ambitious owner and given that there was huge gap to make up in the step up to the Premier League, there was always a danger we would fall foul of the rules. The alternative is to not invest and have a Sheffield United type season.

There's also no point arguing over who should have more points taken off; it doesn't really make sense that you had 6 and we had 4; but we all know the FFP bosses make the rules up as they go.

One point that we can all agree on is that the current rules and the future rules simply protect the cartel and the so called 'bigger' clubs. Everton and Forest are two proper old fashioned English clubs; both steeped in a rich history with excellent fans... and also have a shared hatred to another team who play in red!

We have an opportunity on 20th April to do something; whether it be a mutual banner, a protest on a certain minute of the game... something that can unite both set of fans and send a message to the PL. I know it will make no difference, but we have to do something for the game we all love. As a side note, it will actually be my first trip to Goodison, so looking forward to the game and hoping that Luton just fade away, so neither team has anything to worry about.

Welcome to the forum mate, great to have you here.

On which day of the week would you like me to spark you out?

Oh and  ignore this fella.
He's an arsehole.

The only Blues that fit the above criteria are the grown men crying and shaking on the internet because a few intoxicated opposition fans at a football match called us "cheats".

If you know your history, we had to form an alliance with a mass murdering communist to defeat a bigger enemy in the Nazi's.

If putting further heat on the Premier League and Richard Masters means we have to join an alliance with clubs like Forest then thats what we have to do for the greater good. If we dont, FB92 does not wish to hear any crying or bemoaning from fans who cut their noses off to spite their faces when we next get a points deduction and/or have to sell a top player on the cheap by 30th June to "satisfy the rules".

The only Blues that fit the above criteria are the grown men crying and shaking on the internet because a few intoxicated opposition fans at a football match called us "cheats".

If you know your history, we had to form an alliance with a mass murdering communist to defeat a bigger enemy in the Nazi's.

If putting further heat on the Premier League and Richard Masters means we have to join an alliance with clubs like Forest then thats what we have to do for the greater good. If we dont, FB92 does not wish to hear any crying or bemoaning from fans who cut their noses off to spite their faces when we next get a points deduction and/or have to sell a top player on the cheap by 30th June to "satisfy the rules".
Oh dear

and

Oh dear.

Illeism.

It's so odd. First person, third person, first eye, third eye, shambles.

There is something not right in your head

Not going to bore you with the details of our FFP case and I must admit I can only go off what I've read online with regards to your current predicament. I think most Forest fans will happily admit that we spent frivolously and we were a little naive. However, we have a very ambitious owner and given that there was huge gap to make up in the step up to the Premier League, there was always a danger we would fall foul of the rules. The alternative is to not invest and have a Sheffield United type season.

There's also no point arguing over who should have more points taken off; it doesn't really make sense that you had 6 and we had 4; but we all know the FFP bosses make the rules up as they go.

One point that we can all agree on is that the current rules and the future rules simply protect the cartel and the so called 'bigger' clubs. Everton and Forest are two proper old fashioned English clubs; both steeped in a rich history with excellent fans... and also have a shared hatred to another team who play in red!

We have an opportunity on 20th April to do something; whether it be a mutual banner, a protest on a certain minute of the game... something that can unite both set of fans and send a message to the PL. I know it will make no difference, but we have to do something for the game we all love. As a side note, it will actually be my first trip to Goodison, so looking forward to the game and hoping that Luton just fade away, so neither team has anything to worry about.

Reflect on calling us cheats and being done by the same flawed rules but months later.

More importantly, reflect on poverty and unemployment chants, especially in a cost of living crisis and your own city council going bust.

Other than that, best of luck for the rest of the season, mate.

Is all about everton winning the game we hqve carried this fight with ffp and have been laughed at called cheats ect. The time is for us to get safe now i want it to be horrible for forest it is not a friendly match. They can join in for the boos of the prem theme before the match. They can bring own banners but that is it we need the points. What will it do honestly if we join them

One point that we can all agree on is that the current rules and the future rules simply protect the cartel and the so called 'bigger' clubs.
It's killing the competitive spirit of the game and the PL and Sky are as responsible as the cartel
Man Utd, a billion in debt, eyeing up our best players and seeking tax payer money for stadium upgrade
Levy waiting to hear other clubs finances to steal their best players at a cut
Lower teams punished for trying to bridge the gap and/or improve their infrastructure

A few weeks back we had Coleman and Young on our right wing at a combined age of 73, combined transfer cost of £60k, against city who had de Bruyne and Grealish on the bench
Sporting advantage indeed

I was all in on this until that lol