6 + 2 Point Deductions

We all know that's not what happened. It's like Trump delaying his trials until he's elected and can pardon himself. We hoped we'd somehow be in a better situation regarding relegation this season, and we'd have another year of TV money and Premier League money. It looks like we might have been right.
Unfortunately this is true. I'm sorry but if you think otherwise you are an ostrich with blue tinted glasses on.

We did delay the original hearing and the PL accepted that. The effect was that we weren't dealt with last season. If we had been and got a points deduction we would have been relegated. Did we delay deliberately? Make your own mind up , if you have one

You'd hope that we get either a 1 or 2 points deduction or nothing at all in exchange for us not going on about this. This is a huge embarrassment for the Premier League at a time when they should be celebrating a 3 horse race for the League for the first time in forever.
I wouldn’t be happy with that….Forest would need a higher points deduction than we got so at least an additional 3 points which would be better than that scenario of us just receiving 1 or two points deducted. I think it is likely we get them anyway. If I am the club I would pen a private letter to the PL outlining the clear inconsistencies and asking if they were looking to appeal it (or leak it to Andy Burnham for him to be our mouthpiece). At least the one thing we can argue now (which we couldn’t last time) is how Forest have been dealt with (given that they seemed to name drop us quite a lot in their hearing).

Scandalous that being nice and quick answering questions and cooperative (which has previously been ruled to be a requirement, not a source of mitigation, so shouldn’t not affect the outcome) is more important that the fact they were late with their PSR submission, and when the financial forecast showed a likely breach they continued to spend in the next window.

None of that mentioned anywhere in the media. Just the accusation we delayed our first hearing to avoid relegation.
Given the massive value of points at our end of the table two points for admitting something they couldn’t reasonably deny (they were 34m over) and complying with basic expectations is absolutely ridiculous.

If they don’t appeal we’ll know exactly what those two points are for.

We all know that's not what happened. It's like Trump delaying his trials until he's elected and can pardon himself. We hoped we'd somehow be in a better situation regarding relegation this season, and we'd have another year of TV money and Premier League money. It looks like we might have been right.

That's what's been reported though, tye IC were in agreement with us that for a fair hearing and sufficient time to prepare, the hearing couldn't have been completed in time for the seasons end. Probably didn't have to go all the way to November, but it wasn't us who set the date. We just said that early June was too early.

They are going to come in and want to make a massive statement.

We have a massive target on our backs because we are a car crash of a club.

They will make an example of us.
I strongly doubt this will happen

For a start, I dont think we will have much money to spend for a significant number of years. The stadium and ownership situation have completely changed how we will operate. We've already seen how we have operated financially in recent seasons and I see no change to that anytime soon.

The league saw us as an easy target but it has backfired. We won't be spending money moving forward so I doubt we'll be an easy target moving forward.

You'd hope that we get either a 1 or 2 points deduction or nothing at all in exchange for us not going on about this. This is a huge embarrassment for the Premier League at a time when they should be celebrating a 3 horse race for the League for the first time in forever.
Surely the only reason Everton arent screaming blue murder from the rooftops over the Forest decision is that they have been told that they won't be getting a points sanction for the 2nd breach .

It makes no sense whatsoever otherwise.

Having read a lot on social media of people's views given the current situation there is an overwhelming consensus that an independent government panel will be the answer. However, isnt it blatantly obvious that the government only want in so that they can get a slice of the enormous premier league pie!? This corruption is not going away if anything it is only going to get worse!

Having read a lot on social media of people's views given the current situation there is an overwhelming consensus that an independent government panel will be the answer. However, isnt it blatantly obvious that the government only want in so that they can get a slice of the enormous premier league pie!? This corruption is not going away if anything it is only going to get worse!

How would them being a regulator give them a slice of the Premier League pie? lol

Surely the only reason Everton arent screaming blue murder from the rooftops over the Forest decision is that they have been told that they won't be getting a points sanction for the 2nd breach .

'Don't kick up a stink and we won't take any more points off you'.

I'm starting to come round to that way of thinking as well, but then what's the point of a 2 or 3 day hearing with an IC if the punishment has already been decided?

Yes but I wouldn’t count on the PL changing their stance, given they said they wouldn’t be suspending points deductions, then go and suspend 2 of Forest’s 6.

Well, at least the cavalry are on the way and from next season on, there wont be this mess and arbitrary guesswork. May be a fraction too late for us and Forest (or both), but the PL will get their arses ripped open by the new regulator.