6 + 2 Point Deductions

Whats your prediction Jazzy?
A further legal action will be extremely complex , expensive and time consuming.

If the points reductions result in relegation any further legal action won't save us but if successful would result in financial compensation.

As a lawyer I am stunned at the apparent inconsistency in the 2 judgments.

If Everton do not create merry hell they must have been told that the 2nd breach will not result in a points sanction.

Two implications of this:

1. Forest were said to have demonstrated "exceptional cooperation" with the commission. This meant they got two points taken off their deduction. If this is true - and the implication is we didn't cooperate despite the appeal board saying we acted "in good faith" - then those on the board or interim board must be forced out immediately. Therefore, either they appeal this sleight on their behaviour, or they accept their guilt.

2. If cooperation is that important, Manchester City will have to be wound up.

The reason why Everton's sanction was higher, according to the Judgment, is that incorrect information was supplied to the Premier League. So this seems to set the bar at 4 points for future sanctions, where there are no aggravating factors.
Hmm
I didn't read it as that. Our punishment was:

- 3 points for being in breach
- 3 points for it being a 'significant' breach

6 points

no aggravation for us (there was initially but this was successfully appealed) and no mitigation

Forest's is:

- 3 points for being in breach
- 3 points for it being a 'significant' breach
+ 2 points for mitigation (fessing up early)

4 points

A further legal action will be extremely complex , expensive and time consuming.

If the points reductions result in relegation any further legal action won't save us but if successful would result in financial compensation.

As a lawyer I am stunned at the apparent inconsistency in the 2 judgments.

If Everton do not create merry hell they must have been told that the 2nd breach will not result in a points sanction.

You're stunned that 3 different sets of 3 lawyers came to inconsistent conclusions with no framework or precedence to rely upon?

Can't get my head around why we were originally given a 10 point deduction for a breach of only £19.5m, yet Forest have nearly double our breach £34m yet only receive a 4point deduction. Anyone else feel hard done by ? There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the severity of the punishment, if there's was worse, why have they been punished less ?
On the face of it, our IC started from 12 and worked downwards. Forests worked from zero, up to 6, then back down to 4 because they brought Tunnocks wafers to the hearing.

Now it's known I guess:

You can purposely exceed the PSR calculation (which is going away anyhow) as long as you inform the PL promptly and cooperate.
"You can reduce the points they deduct with early admission"

If you breach to any real level, you're getting a points deduction.

1710777055869.png

"We don't know, but we also do know."