Relegation 23/24 Thread

Maybe it’s the deal with the EFL. We’re not going to give you any money but we’ll send Everton down to boost gate receipts.

Seriously, though, I’m just not worried this year. Too many crap teams and Forest facing a deduction.

At this point in the last two seasons, I was sure we were gone. Can’t see it this season.

Next year, however…

Boost gate receipts?

Wait till they watch how boring we are… the efl will rig it so we get promotion and stop ruining their product

Re-WindyMiller above, I get annoyed with myself by the pain/pleasure that I derive
rushing to find out how Luton or whoever is this years rival have done.
It still affects me in my seventies but not as much as when I was a kid on the train
back from a defeat at Highbury and got into first class section to see my heroes having
a laugh and playing cards.

What I find interesting is how much fun and relaxing watching other sport is, six nations today...Great fun , no stress.and still.exciting

This also applies to international footy and non league footy for me. It’s basically elite level club football that is unwatchable and unenjoyable. Tried watching Wolves v Coventry and just found myself fuming about VAR more than I was enjoying the game so turned it off.

This also applies to international footy and non league footy for me. It’s basically elite level club football that is unwatchable and unenjoyable. Tried watching Wolves v Coventry and just found myself fuming about VAR more than I was enjoying the game so turned it off.
Nah, VAR is ruining international football as well. That Argentina penalty against Poland at the last World Cup was the moment I knew I no longer understood the "rules" of the game. Since then, however, it's been confirmed that neither do officials or VAR, so there is that...

If you’re playing crap
And you need 3 points
Who you wanna play

EVERTON
1000010113.png

Mate it's just sport. And even if we go down we'll prob have enough to bounce back up.

Personally I think we'll have enough to scrape by this season anyway. We've had some points back and even tho we've been on a crap run Dyches PPG vs other teams below us should mean we stay up.

And even if you don't believe in stats and all that there's still factually a number of worse teams below us.

Whatever the future holds who knows but it is only a sport at the end of the day. More to life.
If we go down we will start next season -10, we`re loaning to keep the lights on, what will happen if you knock c£100m off the years revenue?

There will be a massive fire sale and all the players worth keeping will all be gone for a fraction of their fair value... And then when re-entering the PL you`d have to conform to the PSR regs which are massively reduced as we have seen with Forest.

Even the new rules will be hard to comply with if relegated, the chances are we don`t come back quickly and the decline carries on with a points deduction for administration followed by more for failing EFL P&S rules and points deduction after points deduction as we are seeing with Reading.

Relegation would be a certain fight for the very existence of the football club... some want this as a reset and they do not have the 1st clue what they are talking about. It wouldn`t be a `reset` it would lead to ALL assets being stripped from the club including the stadium by the administrators, they will sell anything of any value even if way below it`s value and how much would they need to sell to clear £1bn in debt?