2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

I said ages ago he will best VVD as the most expensive player. Everton need to make bidding clubs aware of that. This guy is like 21, he’s better than Stones, he will be better than VVD, he’s at least 90m.

There is simply no way he isn't sold this summer. Partially because of our finances, but also because it's the best chance for the Champions League clubs to get him. No way it doesn't turn into an auction for him right now. I'd want to build a team around him and keep him for the next ten years, but that's just not going to happen.
Our best case scenario is for his value to go to a stupidly inflated level. Let's hope he locks down the position for the Euros.

I said ages ago he will best VVD as the most expensive player. Everton need to make bidding clubs aware of that. This guy is like 21, he’s better than Stones, he will be better than VVD, he’s at least 90m.

£125mil & dont forget 10% goes to Carlisle.

He’ll go for like £70m tops.

United paid £55mil for Wan Bissaka -- who i think would be a dream Dyche signing at RB.

It would be madness to sell for £70mil when his value should only increase as he cements himself in the England team.

United paid £55mil for Wan Bissaka -- who i think would be a dream Dyche signing at RB.

It would be madness to sell for £70mil when his value should only increase as he cements himself in the England team.

I still think that’s what we’d deal at. People know we need the money. We only got like £40m for Gordon remember.

Providing he makes the next right step, this guy will go to the very top..... I do not think this would be United.

Would love him to stay, but it's never going to happen even for one more year. Make sure he goes the euros and hopefully starts all games... shows the world what he can / will do.

Then off to Madrid for min 100 mil........

Tottenham paid £40m for Van De Ven who looks like an absolute monster

We can't just cherry pick other clubs poor transfer dealings when valuing our players

Fofana went for 70 mill to Chelsea, Maguire for 80 mill at the time. Van Dijk for 75 mill.

The prices have only gone up since. If you want a tall, left footed, rapid, strong CB who can play out from the back and could start for England for the next ten years then you have to pay for it.

Fofana went for 70 mill to Chelsea, Maguire for 80 mill at the time. Van Dijk for 75 mill.

The prices have only gone up since. If you want a tall, left footed, rapid, strong CB who can play out from the back and could start for England for the next ten years then you have to pay for it.
Exactly... fed up of people trying to undervalue our own players.

End of the day if people don't meet an asking price we don't sell.

Isn't he contracted to 2027?

Last edited:
Exactly... fed up of people trying to undervalue our own players.

End of the day if people don't meet an asking price we don't sell.

Isn't he contracted to 2027?

We’ve nearly always sold high so I don’t know why we always get this continuous ‘well probably accept x for him’ every time we go to a sell a player.

Lukaku rising to 90 mill
Stones 50 mill
Richarlison 65 mill

I even thought the fees we got for Gordon Digne and Gueye were extremely good for the players they were at the time. Christ even Iwobi was a decent fee.

The only player I’ve thought we undersold was Rooney but he went for the record fee for a teenager at the time.

We even sold Barkley with a completely ripped hamstring for 15 mill.

There's a difference between what we ask for and what we end up with, especially with the world knowing our financial situation. Hope to be pleasantly surprised though. The real kicker is that we will sell him and not have a team capable of keeping him due to the repeated failures of this club in recent history. It feels like Rooney all over again.

I still think that’s what we’d deal at. People know we need the money. We only got like £40m for Gordon remember.

£40mil + £5mil which i think we'd get.

I think that was a fair price at the time...but seeing him in the England squad feels like 'if only'. Especially seeing our options now.

Branthwaite has a different vibe to him and while I could see Gordon in/around the squad...i could see our centre back as being the best in England soon.

Tottenham paid £40m for Van De Ven who looks like an absolute monster

We can't just cherry pick other clubs poor transfer dealings when valuing our players

A fair point. But we are the ones who set the fee. I feel that £125mil seems very high but on the other hand Caicedo & Rice went for around that and Branthwaite will become a better player imo albeit in a different position.

Additionally, we should be thinking about rebuilding the first 11 and how much that would cost.

If we sell Branthwaite we would need to replace him & bring in at least 2 similar age high potential players to start.

Thats not going to be cheap