6 + 2 Point Deductions

I think they have to fall in line with UEFA Joey which is this 70% of turnover rule.

DId they have to fall in line or was it by choice. With it being voted by the clubs now its just a question of when it comes in. Chelsea have to sell before june to comply with PSR but will be ok under FFP. If this is changed before june its a real kick in the teeth for everton and forest as chelsea fall under PSR for 2023 and even more so since Everton would have been compliant under FFP.
As far as i know and there might be someone more clued up than me but the PL chose to put this to the vote because of the outdated flaws in PSR. Like the losses being the same for 10 years. Yeah like players wages and fees havent increased in 10 years.
If this changes before june and chelsea suddenly have no PSR accountability then everton and forest should go for the premier leagues throat through the courts.

I heard a snippet on R5 today about a rugby league dude explaining the virtues of their profit and sustainability rules and how it creates a comp where anyone can win without breaking the bank. Salary and spend cap or summat. I know it isnt quite the same in footy as RL operates in a mutually exclusive bubble with the other RL playing nations being down under.

4D99469E-8255-4F59-88B1-4337135465B3.jpeg

I heard a snippet on R5 today about a rugby league dude explaining the virtues of their profit and sustainability rules and how it creates a comp where anyone can win without breaking the bank. Salary and spend cap or summat. I know it isnt quite the same in footy as RL operates in a mutually exclusive bubble with the other RL playing nations being down under.
It works in RL because there is a small amount of clubs that make up the professional game, and a much smaller pot of cash from tv and sponsors to go after. The clubs are willing to comply with salary caps as they know that a level playing field financially means that teams can`t just spend their way to the top while taking the best players from all the other teams in the league. Its the opposite in the SPL where the Old Firm dominate mostly down to their money.

DId they have to fall in line or was it by choice. With it being voted by the clubs now its just a question of when it comes in. Chelsea have to sell before june to comply with PSR but will be ok under FFP. If this is changed before june its a real kick in the teeth for everton and forest as chelsea fall under PSR for 2023 and even more so since Everton would have been compliant under FFP.
As far as i know and there might be someone more clued up than me but the PL chose to put this to the vote because of the outdated flaws in PSR. Like the losses being the same for 10 years. Yeah like players wages and fees havent increased in 10 years.
If this changes before june and chelsea suddenly have no PSR accountability then everton and forest should go for the premier leagues throat through the courts.
As has been said many times until we have sight of the 22/23 numbers we have no idea of the three year impact for the majority of clubs. We have a rough idea about Everton already and almost certainly once Forests case is published we will know a fair amount about their numbers but that’s about it.

Chelsea’s problem is out there and based just on the statutory accounts it’s easy to see why some have said that there will be an issue once the 23/24 accounts are out. But again and as has been said on many occasions it’s the PSR numbers that matter.

When it comes to squadcosts going forward it will factor in four things :

1) Squad wages ( which includes head coach)
2) Amortisation
3) Impairment ( Some of the sums impaired over the last 3 years were discounted due to COVID)
4) Agent fees

1) It is suggested that the average squad costs fall between 70% & 95% of the sums recorded in accounts in respect of wages. The size of some clubs operations outside the first team squad is sizeable some however have out sourced many functions such as catering, security and retail. So spend small sums on youth, ladies football or indeed community projects some spend big. So assumptions based on the wage costs of the first team squad in the accounts could be massively off either way
2) Basically speaks for itself but amortisation doesn’t just include transfer fees
3) Impairment does advance the sums due still to be amortised . In other words hurt today saves greater pain tomorrow
4) Something that doesn’t deserve even a paragraph in most clubs accounts but not an insignificant sum. For instance in 22/23 Chelsea paid £43.1 million to agent Everton £13.5 million

Will the proposed changes if implemented to include the 23/24 numbers make a difference to Chelsea ? That’s a real possibility but I would imagine that the number of clubs would possibly have been / will be charged if the current PSR rules remain in place will be significant and sorry unless the rules are changed I would fully expect Everton and Forest to be close to if not highly likely to face even further charges

Is the Forest case not a simple one? They overspent and they are claiming they did this to get maximum money for a player but they did breach.
Think there's a few more arguments, like they've only spent 1 year in the league at the time, and spent so much to stay up, thus guaranteeing a greater reward (profitability). Though our case should be used as a model and they should get 6 points off.

Think there's a few more arguments, like they've only spent 1 year in the league at the time, and spent so much to stay up, thus guaranteeing a greater reward (profitability). Though our case should be used as a model and they should get 6 points off.

Which would be a sporting advantage... certainly more of a clear cut one than ours.

As has been said many times until we have sight of the 22/23 numbers we have no idea of the three year impact for the majority of clubs. We have a rough idea about Everton already and almost certainly once Forests case is published we will know a fair amount about their numbers but that’s about it.

Chelsea’s problem is out there and based just on the statutory accounts it’s easy to see why some have said that there will be an issue once the 23/24 accounts are out. But again and as has been said on many occasions it’s the PSR numbers that matter.

When it comes to squadcosts going forward it will factor in four things :

1) Squad wages ( which includes head coach)
2) Amortisation
3) Impairment ( Some of the sums impaired over the last 3 years were discounted due to COVID)
4) Agent fees

1) It is suggested that the average squad costs fall between 70% & 95% of the sums recorded in accounts in respect of wages. The size of some clubs operations outside the first team squad is sizeable some however have out sourced many functions such as catering, security and retail. So spend small sums on youth, ladies football or indeed community projects some spend big. So assumptions based on the wage costs of the first team squad in the accounts could be massively off either way
2) Basically speaks for itself but amortisation doesn’t just include transfer fees
3) Impairment does advance the sums due still to be amortised . In other words hurt today saves greater pain tomorrow
4) Something that doesn’t deserve even a paragraph in most clubs accounts but not an insignificant sum. For instance in 22/23 Chelsea paid £43.1 million to agent Everton £13.5 million

Will the proposed changes if implemented to include the 23/24 numbers make a difference to Chelsea ? That’s a real possibility but I would imagine that the number of clubs would possibly have been / will be charged if the current PSR rules remain in place will be significant and sorry unless the rules are changed I would fully expect Everton and Forest to be close to if not highly likely to face even further charges

Well that remains to be seen. Call me a cynic but i have a feeling it will be changed before june with no carry over. There has to be some kind of legal challenge in there for Everton and Forest as the PL have all but admitted its PSR had more holes than a sponge.
Lets see

cba arsed with it all now, I fear for the clubs future and that isn't on at all, a well established founder member of the football league and we've been ran into the ground by the person who was supposed to usher in a new dawn with his money, monopoly money, he actually really meant it.