6 + 2 Point Deductions

The greed of the leagues top brass is what made it the "most exciting and most watched league in the world". The only reason they have the top players here is that they pay them to come here, the only way they can pay them to come here is to have successful teams that generate the money to pay for them. For example, £100m across 20 teams doesn't buy the best players, so it's best to concentrate it in to a smaller number of teams while maintaining some semblance of competition.

I personally don't watch PL football because its the most watched league in the world, nor because it is perceived as the best. I watch it because Everton are in it. I don't watch European football, because Everton aren't currently in it. I rarely watch International football unless my mates are in the pub watching it, because Everton aren't in it.

There are a subset of fans that just want to watch competitive games, to arrive at the ground of their club with some hope. These are very different in the majority of cases to the fans that create the wealth for the league. They often aren't the fans that are drawn in solely by the latest £60m player, or talk about the wages to income ratio and what that means to them. In many cases they can be described as the football purists. They are also less likely to be the people that watch all the football that is available to them, prompting rising advertising revenues and the requirement for clubs to have their own watch partner, or hand cream partner, or 'New Everton signing, sponsored by BIC Biro, ensuring that every Everton Pen means something'. They are often those that judge a game or a player on their own instinct without the statistical values that are presented to us as in order to convince us that a bet on Calvert Lewin to score first is a good one.

On another point, your suggestion that you are more intellectual than another individual because of your own self inflated perception of intelligence is really quite ridiculous. I have never seen anything on here posted by your self that I would consider as particularly intellectual or insightful about anything. That doesn't go any way to prove that you are not intellectual at all as I have no idea who you are. It may just be your wording, and I hope that it was completely unintended, but I see what you have written above as quite rude to a poster on here and completely uncalled for. To say that you are cursed by your own intelligence and that life would be easier to live like somebody who, as you seem to have inferred, doesn't have any, is really not the way to be acting on this forum.

I appreciate your feedback and agree with much of your post Chieftain. On your final point however I must correct you on your confusion regarding my envious feelings towards Matty1878.

Calling someone blissfully ignorant is not asserting a judgement on their intelligence. History is full of people who may well have been very intelligent individuals but were ultimately ignorant to the reality of a given situation (Neville Chamberlain's appeasement towards the existential threat of Adolf Hitler being a notorious example of that).

I do not wish for an apology as I know you made an honest mistake in your assessment. I do find it ironic however those who agreed with your misunderstanding, will often themselves "poke fun" at our Matthew and make him the topic of a joke. Hypocrisy is often the name of the game.lol

I appreciate your feedback and agree with much of your post Chieftain. On your final point however I must correct you on your confusion regarding my envious feelings towards Matty1878.

Calling someone blissfully ignorant is not asserting a judgement on their intelligence. History is full of people who may well have been very intelligent individuals but were ultimately ignorant to the reality of a given situation (Neville Chamberlain's appeasement towards the existential threat of Adolf Hitler being a notorious example of that).

I do not wish for an apology as I know you made an honest mistake in your assessment. I do find it ironic however those who agreed with your misunderstanding, will often themselves "poke fun" at our Matthew and make him the topic of a joke. Hypocrisy is often the name of the game.lol
Neville Chamberlain didnt appease Hitler, he knew the UK didnt have the armed forces to fight a war at that time.

So what he did was buy us some time, whilst he was talking about peace with Hitler, he also ramped up wartime production in the UK and gave us the platform to win the war.

If you know your history old bean.

Neville Chamberlain didnt appease Hitler, he knew the UK didnt have the armed forces to fight a war at that time.

So what he did was buy us some time, whilst he was talking about peace with Hitler, he also ramped up wartime production in the UK and gave us the platform to win the war.

If you know your history old bean.

You bloody woke leftie.

You bloody woke leftie.
0_V-Sign.jpg

Interesting point. Could see the clubs at danger this season pushing for an amnesty to support the upcoming measures if there’s enough of them. But would / could they expand that to include the 22/23 charges?

There’s also a question of whether we do want the 22/23 charges to go away. IF we lose two, Forest lose six and Leicester start next season with a deduction that’s positive for us.
I think it all comes down to the reasons behind it. we would probably have a pretty strong legal case against the league if it comes down to the rules not being fit for purpose as we have already been done by them.

I don’t think that the second punishment will be any less than the first one. I don’t think it will be considered ‘double jeopardy’; I think it’s going to be viewed as a separate three year accounting period because that’s what it is.

They will tell us that we had the opportunity to resolve the previous breach but failed to do so. We could have not bought Onana etc, and took other options like selling players to avoid the three-year breach, but we made the decision not to.

I think anyone expecting just two points for a second breach in two years is likely to be disappointed. I hope I’m wrong, and I know that the EFL have things in place to avoid repeatedly punishing struggling clubs. But this argument will end up being heard at the second appeal imo. It won’t be accepted in the initial punishment for the second breach.

I don’t think that the second punishment will be any less than the first one. I don’t think it will be considered ‘double jeopardy’; I think it’s going to be viewed as a separate three year accounting period because that’s what it is.

They will tell us that we had the opportunity to resolve the previous breach but failed to do so. We could have not bought Onana etc, and took other options like selling players to avoid the three-year breach, but we made the decision not to.

I think anyone expecting just two points for a second breach in two years is likely to be disappointed. I hope I’m wrong, and I know that the EFL have things in place to avoid repeatedly punishing struggling clubs. But this argument will end up being heard at the second appeal imo. It won’t be accepted in the initial punishment for the second breach.
We don’t know what the breach is though yet.

We thought we were only like 8/9m over. The PL decided we were 19m over. But didn’t tell us that until after the end of the next financial year.

We may have worked to get it scraping under and reduced by 10m to meet our calculations but because the PL decided we were more, we are then 10m over again.

So it’s already flawed because we potentially did work to resolve the previous breach of what we believed it to be. As we have already been found to have acted in good faith, it would be a mockery to punish us in the same way again.

Saying this, we could be 100m over and that also wouldn’t shock me with our owners.

The other 14 clubs likely have signed up to it as it makes the clubs coming up from the Championship instantly struggle when they cannot invest the kind of money needed to have a real opportunity to stay up.

The greed of the leagues top brass is killing what made it the most exciting and most watched league in the world.

Its times like these that I get envious of contributors like Matty1878 who follow this sport in blissful ignorance.

Myself being an intellectual and acknowledging the full reality of what modern day football has morphed into, it is no longer the blessing it once was but more so a seismic curse.

Once you see truth you cannot pretend that you did not see it. How I would love to delude myself and dream of EFC winning an FA Cup playing attacking football under Gary O'Neil or Graham Potter with no FFP or VAR able to shackle us from achieving anything other than midtable mediocrity.

Anyone else starting to wonder why @ForeverBlue92 has started to write his posts in the style of a certain J Barton Esq?
Have “they” ever been seen in the same room together?