Relegation 23/24 Thread

I don’t think they can really think along those lines because how do you head off an appeal? There isn’t much downside to appealing so even if they go slightly gently the clubs might as well chance it and try to get that reduced still further. And if you cave to the clubs entirely then the PL could even appeal themselves in order to maintain some sort of consistency.

So I don’t really think they’ll try to be appeal-proof in the sense of preventing one being chanced, the best way to appeal-proof in terms of having the decision overturned is just to give a decision that’s fair and consistent with justice, the rules and precedents.
I agree but arguably 6 points for Forest and 2 points for Everton would imo likely avoid appeals. If Everton got another 6 then that would be appealed and if Forest got 8 points then that would be appealed.

Given a precedent of 6 points has been set covering three seasons by Everton then would Forest really have grounds to appeal if found guilty and given 6 points as the argument covering Johnson would have already been decided upon at the first hearing. I don't think Everton would appeal a further 2 point deduction covering the additional season.

The point about avoiding appeals is that it prevents the embarrassing scenario of a team/teams finding out the outcome of an appeal after the season has been completed. I.e., a truly ridiculous scenario.

I agree but arguably 6 points for Forest and 2 points for Everton would imo likely avoid appeals. If Everton got another 6 then that would be appealed and if Forest got 8 points then that would be appealed.

Given a precedent of 6 points has been set covering three seasons by Everton then would Forest really have grounds to appeal if found guilty and given 6 points as the argument covering Johnson would have already been decided upon at the first hearing. I don't think Everton would appeal a further 2 point deduction covering the additional season.

The point about avoiding appeals is that it prevents the embarrassing scenario of a team/teams finding out the outcome of an appeal after the season has been completed. I.e., a truly ridiculous scenario.
If i was both clubs i would appeal the total cant get any higher on the appeal could make all the difference

We would be much higher in the league if it wasn't for the unjust and corrupt punishment by the Premier League against our club.

But ultimately if we had a clinical finisher we might be challenging for a top 4 place.

My cousin bumped into Dom the other day and he said "We are trying. We recognise what a privilege it is to play for this great club and we won't be the ones to take this club down."

Let's hope he sticks to that.

This is potentially an exciting period for our club, with a move to a new world-class stadium on the Liverpool waterfront.

We just need to stay up. By any means necessary. Somehow we need to make Goodison the cauldron of noise it was when we played Palace under Frank.

We would be much higher in the league if it wasn't for the unjust and corrupt punishment by the Premier League against our club.

But ultimately if we had a clinical finisher we might be challenging for a top 4 place.

My cousin bumped into Dom the other day and he said "We are trying. We recognise what a privilege it is to play for this great club and we won't be the ones to take this club down."

This is potentially an exciting period for our club, with a move to a new world-class stadium on the Liverpool waterfront.

We just need to stay up. By any means necessary. Somehow we need to make Goodison the cauldron of noise it was when we played Palace under Frank.
What the actual? We are 7 new starting players from being anywhere near top 4. Haaland or Kane wouldn't even have us close.

What the actual? We are 7 new starting players from being anywhere near top 4. Haaland or Kane wouldn't even have us close.
People are acting like its Dom missing every single chance every game.

Its EVERYBODY.

We just lack a slotter tho.

"A goal in a 3–1 win for Everton against Burnley on 15 April meant Lukaku was the first Everton player since Bob Latchford to score 25 goals in two consecutive seasons in all competitions, and the first player since the legendary Dixie Dean to score in nine consecutive matches at Goodison Park.[69] On 20 April 2017, Lukaku was named in the PFA Team of the Year for the first time"

We finished 11th in both these seasons.

Without the deduction we'd be 14th...hardly much higher

People are acting like its Dom missing every single chance every game.

Its EVERYBODY.

We just lack a slotter tho.

"A goal in a 3–1 win for Everton against Burnley on 15 April meant Lukaku was the first Everton player since Bob Latchford to score 25 goals in two consecutive seasons in all competitions, and the first player since the legendary Dixie Dean to score in nine consecutive matches at Goodison Park.[69] On 20 April 2017, Lukaku was named in the PFA Team of the Year for the first time"

We finished 11th in both these seasons.
Still trying to spread those Lukaku goals around to this day