2023/24 Sean Dyche

Look, I think he's done a great job for us in as far as tightening us up, getting us more disciplined and setting a solid base, but it's hard to disagree with anything you've written.
Honestly there's more to football than "8 defenders" to tighten the defense up - of course we'll be better defensively if we have 2 full backs not overlapping and 2 wingers playing essentially as wing backs and both CM's being 5 feet ahead of the CB's wherever they are. That's a great tactic... to sure up when we're 1:0 up and under pressure or something like that. We start games like this though, consistently.

Do you think Dyche will be able to cope with this situation, and re build? I like having him here for the job of survival, but not a rebuild.
He's not that person, he is the right one to stabilize and survive as you said, but not to progress and rebuild. But surely is with a new manager, if he gets 13th and 12th his first two seasons, but improvements in the attack and overall are visible over that time we need patience like Arsenal with Arteta, and fix the issues in the squad year by year.

Do you think Dyche will be able to cope with this situation, and re build? I like having him here for the job of survival, but not a rebuild.
I don’t like being negative about this but I don’t see how we rebuild. PSR means we won’t get big money for the players we sell. I think our first season of BMD will be our first season in the Championship 😔

I don’t like being negative about this but I don’t see how we rebuild. PSR means we won’t get big money for the players we sell. I think our first season of BMD will be our first season in the Championship 😔
The money we get for Branthwaite and or Onana will be the budget or a big part of it

Well, they did. And the worrying thing is, how he cannot make the players reach numbers like this here at here, but everyone should have known that Dyche's Everton won't be attacking side at all.

14/15: Ings 11 goals
16/17: Vockes 10, Gray 9
17/18: Wood 10, Barnes 9
18/19: Barnes 12, Wood 10
19/20: Wood 14, Rodriguez 8
20/21: Wood 12

Attach files
Must have got different sources. I remember Woods having a good season and Cornet got 9 the season they went down

IMG_2983.jpeg

…I doubt the choice of RB was why we lost that game today.

Folk complained about Young, they complained about Coleman being past it and complained about Patterson being a defensive liability. Regardless, only one team in the league have more clean sheets than Dyche Everton, only one team has conceded less goals from open play than Dyche Everton.

Whoever plays RB isn’t the issue.
You didn't really reply to what I asked instead simply making your point that the right back isn't the issue.. ill ask again.
Why did Dyche continue with two ultra defensive full backs for 89mins when we needed 2 goals from half an hour.
He had both Coleman and Patterson on the bench who both are better attacking than Godfrey but didn't twist.
Why did he wait 89mins before bringing on a 2nd striker?
Why did he bring on Ashley Young?
Dyches Burnley won one PL game after going behind in his time against us of course, he is yet to do it with us, do you think there is a pattern here and does any of it lie at his feet due to not being able to change tactics when his only plan isn't working?

Dele
Holgate
Keane
Gomes
Beto
DCL
Harrison
Coleman
Young

Alot of money in salaries there and all should be gone in the summer.

If you dont rate Tarkowski then you probably dont rate many centre backs.

Hes a fantastic defender.
He's a bog-standard yard dog, good enough to be pulled up by a quality partner like Mina or Branthwaite.

Honestly there's more to football than "8 defenders" to tighten the defense up - of course we'll be better defensively if we have 2 full backs not overlapping and 2 wingers playing essentially as wing backs and both CM's being 5 feet ahead of the CB's wherever they are. That's a great tactic... to sure up when we're 1:0 up and under pressure or something like that. We start games like this though, consistently.
There is, and I don't think Dyche is the man to move us forward, however, we really were an absolute shambles at the back under Lampard, like, an absolute comedy act. He can be complimented whilst still not being the long term future for us.

I dont know what that means mate tbh.
Ive never got this money spent is where you should be. I mean i could reel off about 35 defenders who cost less than michael keane. He isnt better than them because he cost more. I think its universally agreed now that Evertons spending has been as bad as you can get.
It means he's got the safest job in football.

If the football's poor, it's about results.
If results are poor, it's because he has no money.
If money is spent, it doesn't count.