Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We looked alright for most of the game, it's only when we get into the final third it all goes awry and we seem afraid of damaging the goal.
If Seamus was fit I would have preferred to have him starting with Patterson substituting for him if necessary. Godfrey isn't a full back. We need to see more of the lads from the U21s. They would show more spirit at least.

I went for Jarrad Branthwaite for my MoM yet again. Man U were rubbish today and there for the taking by a competent side. We were beaten by two totally unnecessary penalties.

Going home pissed off again.. bloody couldn't hit a bulls arse with a shovel... how come we haven't got any kids coming through just to freshen things up .. probably wouldn't play them anyway.
_bvvD2.gif

No guts, no guile, no fight and no shame.

And he said the academy is empty.

First half attacking reminded me of when you see some poor animal that is mortally injured but struggling on regardless thinking that it might be alright if it just keeps going. Like a bird with a broken wing that still thinks it can fly. Second half was a bit when said animal/bird knows it's finished so just curls up and slowly and sadly continues breathing until it dies. Everton.

We looked alright for most of the game, it's only when we get into the final third it all goes awry and we seem afraid of damaging the goal.
If Seamus was fit I would have preferred to have him starting with Patterson substituting for him if necessary. Godfrey isn't a full back. We need to see more of the lads from the U21s. They would show more spirit at least.

I went for Jarrad Branthwaite for my MoM yet again. Man U were rubbish today and there for the taking by a competent side. We were beaten by two totally unnecessary penalties.
Absolutly right ok can blame dyche for team selection etc. But thought we created enough in 1st half to win comfortably apart from pens manure awful at home playing on break.
But im afraid we are in big danger of going down this year because we cant score ok final ball is awful but we still get enough chances to win games

No I think he was as bad as Dyche. We had average managers - Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce (at a push), Silva etc. Moved down to Benitez and then onto the last two clowns.

At least Lampard was young - so you have the hope he may learn. Dyche is just an abomination.

I thoroughly despise Benitez and Allardyce, with all my heart, but Koeman was worth than both of them.

Been out for a walk on Anglesey, couldn’t be bothered to even check my phone with every goal alert, as knew it wouldn’t be us scoring.

As others have said, the academy/U21’s are bereft of any striking talent, which is staggering for a top flight team with all the dosh we’ve had since Moshiri bought us.

Recruitment has been terrible but we have 3 very good players - Branthwaite, Onana and Pickford - some decent players, some average ones and a fair few poor ones. Collectively they should not be anywhere near the relegation zone.

They are there because of Dyche. And before someone points out the points deductions, we were crap before the deduction, had a boost in performances due to being wronged and then returned to standard Dyche level.
Wrong they should be near the relegation zone because they’re awful who are the decent ones? Branthwaite and Onana are good but not top top players and I’m not convinced Onana ever will be either, decent players tarks and maybe garner beyond that the rest of the squad is atrocious got 3 fit RB’s and not one can get a game a leggy Ashley young coming on Lewis Dobbin who struggled at derby, a LB fit for the championship 2 strikers who are useless who we haven’t even paid for yet and another one who couldn’t score in a brothel with all his millions but ye we shouldn’t be around the relegation places 😂

Been out for a walk on Anglesey, couldn’t be bothered to even check my phone with every goal alert, as knew it wouldn’t be us scoring.

As others have said, the academy/U21’s are bereft of any striking talent, which is staggering for a top flight team with all the dosh we’ve had since Moshiri bought us.
Even if they did, it's not really fair to expect the youth to step up and save us.

Our strikers aren't terrible, but they just have to be better. Just need one to go in, doesn't matter how, just get that one