2023/24 Andre Gomes

Must start over Doucoure, as we desperately need someone with somehow good technical ability in that position. One of the most important position to address for next season.
We cant find a suitable RB and you'd like a technically gifted AM found? We don't even have a right footer for the right flank. I'm just amazed Pickford hasn't had to chop his hands off.

We cant find a suitable RB and you'd like a technically gifted AM found? We don't even have a right footer for the right flank. I'm just amazed Pickford hasn't had to chop his hands off.
That's a problem of our bad scouting. For me, Coleman is still the most complete one but doesn't get younger. Patterson is good offensively, but not good defensively. Young is a good person, someone with a good mentality for the dressing room and a winner mentality, but passed his peak on the pitch.

That's a problem of our bad scouting. For me, Coleman is still the most complete one but doesn't get younger. Patterson is good offensively, but not good defensively. Young is a good person, someone with a good mentality for the dressing room and a winner mentality, but passed his peak on the pitch.

Right back position is such a mess. Three RBs of varying age and ability on the bench behind Godfrey.

Won't be much different next season either.

…he’s just not the type for this league but I understand why Dyche brings him on, the quality in possession is absolutely woeful. Basics.
He's capable of something decent and has a very good skill set so he offers something here and there, I think the 10 role is better suited to him. I just hope Evertonians don't actually think he's the answer to save our season.

He's capable of something decent and has a very good skill set so he offers something here and there, I think the 10 role is better suited to him. I just hope Evertonians don't actually think he's the answer to save our season.

…agree with that. His cameo’s as a no10 have been decent, he’s a liability in deeper areas where the opposition run past him. The problem with him in the ho10 role is he can’t get alongside and beyond the central striker.

Its why I think Dobbin should be used more centrally off the bench. He’s not as good in possession as Gomes, but he can run with the ball centrally, has pace to worry defenders, can get alongside and beyond the striker, and hits a ball cleanly on both sides.

…agree with that. His cameo’s as a no10 have been decent, he’s a liability in deeper areas where the opposition run past him. The problem with him in the ho10 role is he can’t get alongside and beyond the central striker.

Its why I think Dobbin should be used more centrally off the bench. He’s not as good in possession as Gomes, but he can run with the ball centrally, has pace to worry defenders, can get alongside and beyond the striker, and hits a ball cleanly on both sides.
Surely the answer is to play another striker alongside DCL or Beto with Gomes ahead of two central midfield player’s ie in a 3-5-2. This could be for home games only with Decoure supporting a single striker for away games.

Surely the answer is to play another striker alongside DCL or Beto with Gomes ahead of two central midfield player’s ie in a 3-5-2. This could be for home games only with Decoure supporting a single striker for away games.
We don't change systems. It's 4-4-1-1 and that's it.