New Everton Stadium Discussion

Some unusual views in this one.

I've noticed this in a few videos now and, I don't know if it's the condensation or what, but I love that the north stand window gets foggy like you can see in the video thumbnail there. I love the depth that gives the whole thing.

I wonder if it'll do that for matches on cold evenings? The breath of 50,000 Evertonians condensing on it.

Everton took advice from Liverpool, Arsenal, City and Spurs regarding boxes. All said that the revenue for that type of match day experience was declining because

a) guests weren't getting the same match day experience with 10 people in a box as opposed to a wider space with groups of people
b) clients didn't want to be dressing full suit and tie to go and sit in a box, they wanted a more relaxed atmosphere.

Yet Liverpool have over 60 themselves and want more, Spurs have 80 super suites boxes and Arsenal over 120 boxes? Yes, there are a whole range of other options needed too, but no-one has opted for just 22 boxes... especially when you really need the high end corporate to increase those matchday revenues to help shorten ROI and keep GA ticket prices at reasonable levels.

The Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust says it is "hugely disappointed" that season ticket prices will increase by 6% for the 2024-25 season.

Spurs are also removing the concession for new senior season ticket holders - those aged 65 and above - from 2025-26.
It means the most affordable adult season ticket will be £856, up from this season's price of £807.

The trust says the increase is "unacceptable" and "cannot be justified".

Tottenham say the increase in season ticket price is because they have only raised prices once in the past five years - by 1.5% - and there has been a "significant increase in matchday costs".

"Football is not immune to the rising costs of goods and services across the board and we continue to look at all options to minimise ticket price increases while absorbing the vast majority of costs," Tottenham said on Thursday.

In a statement released on Thursday reacting to the changes, THST said "neither justification holds water" and that the reforms on senior season tickets "pull the rug out from under the feet of pensioners after years of loyal support".

The club say the number of senior season tickets purchased at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has risen to almost four times the number at their previous home White Hart Lane and the increase is "not sustainable".

The reforms mean discounts for senior season tickets remain unchanged for 2024-25 but senior supporters wanting to purchase a season ticket for 2025-26 will not receive the concession.

Existing season ticket holders who become eligible for a discounted season ticket from 2025-26 will begin to see their concessions reduced, with a 5% reduction each season for the following five years.

That means from 2029-30, senior season tickets will cost 25% more than they do today.

THST board members met with the club on 21 February to discuss ticketing and the trust directors said "we disagreed on several areas and as a result of our input, changes were made".

"THST believes a fuller discussion at the beginning of this process with the club would have led to more effective input and increased the prospect of an outcome with wider support," they added.

When approached by BBC Sport, Spurs said they had no further comment to make.

Coming to a Club near you very soon.