New Everton Stadium Discussion

Still think they're missing a trick not using the space above the south end concourse as conferenceing facilities overlooking the dock and the city. Could be 12 to 15 individual rooms, or larger spaces using the foldaway walls like they have at Aintree Racecourse. They could also be used as private lounges/hotel rooms on match days. Imagine hiring them for an ultimate Everton experience. Waking up in the stadium, looking up at the Liver building, going for Breakfast in the west stand overlooking the Mersey, heading back to your room to get ready before heading to 1 of the bars, and taking your seat anywhere in the stadium ready for another punishing, morale draining loss, but knowing u get to drown ur sorrows in the bar before heading back to ur room to weep into your Everton branded pillow.

The dream.

It also bothers me that the East concourse doesnt go right the way along to meet the south the way the West does.

Such huge empty spaces just seems like a waste.

But thats just my opinion i guess.

Totally agree, I’ve said before that these massive spaces are just going to waste……..

Still think they're missing a trick not using the space above the south end concourse as conferenceing facilities overlooking the dock and the city. Could be 12 to 15 individual rooms, or larger spaces using the foldaway walls like they have at Aintree Racecourse. They could also be used as private lounges/hotel rooms on match days. Imagine hiring them for an ultimate Everton experience. Waking up in the stadium, looking up at the Liver building, going for Breakfast in the west stand overlooking the Mersey, heading back to your room to get ready before heading to 1 of the bars, and taking your seat anywhere in the stadium ready for another punishing, morale draining loss, but knowing u get to drown ur sorrows in the bar before heading back to ur room to weep into your Everton branded pillow.

The dream.

It also bothers me that the East concourse doesnt go right the way along to meet the south the way the West does.

All of this will have been thought of and looked at from a profitability POV.

Totally agree, I’ve said before that these massive spaces are just going to waste……..
We may be on to something here. I have often wondered why someone hasn't filled in the gaps on the old Runcorn Bridge to create "floating" apartments overlooking the river, and don't get me started on the Eiffel Tower. These architects and engineers haven't got a clue.

Last night I took room measurements in a property I'm hoping to buy for my Daughter and me..... Right by the Liverpool-Leeds canal and about 5 minutes walk from the new stadium. Had to get a shot from a bedroom window. Shows how immense the stadium is in terms of the nearby tobacco warehouse (which itself is vast!) Really excited to see how the streets and land around the Bramley-Moore site is regenerated now.... New businesses, shops, bars/restaurants etc....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 8

The dream.

There's not many things I could find fault with at the New Stadium but think that's a huge opportunity missed with that space.

The view from the concourse looks fantastic , but from above would be amazing. It could easily be made into matchday bars too as 13 thousand fans looks a lot to be just served by the concourse.
Surely it won't be wasted space.

There's not many things I could find fault with at the New Stadium but think that's a huge opportunity missed with that space.

The view from the concourse looks fantastic , but from above would be amazing. It could easily be made into matchday bars too as 13 thousand fans looks a lot to be just served by the concourse.
"Sigh", my best shots have been swatted away in an instant.

It's a bit late in the day to debate utilitarian vs. aesthetic values, but I do think that the design of the south facade is the most striking feature of the building, which IMO has already been downgraded for economic and technical reasons.

6 something thousand. The floating concourse just serves the upper section of the stand.

Ticket pricing for the new stadium? I have been quite shocked this year by how much our season tickets have gone up over the last 3-4 years, they used to feel like a good deal.
They will no doubt go up again for Bramley Moore. How do the club make the Stadium worth while cost wise while serving up such dross on the pitch?
Massive challenge ahead before fans are driven away I believe, we need to improve revenue to improve the team but how can they justify charging £700 - £800 pound a year to watch this rubbish we have been served for the last 3 years?

The dream.

Cost cutting??