2023/24 Sean Dyche

We've had this conversation before in this thread me thinks!

My POV: Dyche's remit this season was to keep us in the league, by hook or by crook, and with as much breathing space as possible. If it wasn't for points deductions, he'd be achieving that. Improving playing style can come when we're more settled in the league.

This is all short term.

Like everyone else on this forum, I'd love us to be playing teams off the park week in week out. But we were never going to jump straight into that on the back of 2 last minute relegation survivals.
Awful football but still getting the results is one thing, awful football with awful results is another thing entirely though.

Since the middle of December he just hasn't been getting the results though.

It's not so much about nice and fancy football as such, it's about getting more than zero league wins since December 16th.

Yeah as long as the ownership of the club remains in limbo, then Dyche is as safe as houses.

We should stay up though not because Dyche is any good, but because there's at least three worse teams than us thankfully.
Probably he has another season to go, his contract expires 2025. So someone else should take over then. Just wouldn't sack him now due to financial reasons.

Awful football but still getting the results is one thing, awful football with awful results is another thing entirely though.

Since the middle of December he just hasn't been getting the results though.

It's not so much about nice and fancy football as such, it's about getting more than zero league wins since December 16th.
Allardyce got the boot for awful football but still getting the results.

My basic problem is that with the exception of maybe newcastle this season and BHA last, Everton just haven't been entertaining. And I know all the extenuating circumstances but the on field stuff has just been hard to watch.
I'm no football tactics expert but it's easy to see what this fella is doing wrong mid game and yet he doesn't see it till way too late.
Same for subs, same for everything really.
DCL is the classic example of the difference in approach between Ancelotti and Dyche.
I'm not expecting him to be as good as Ancelotti but I am expecting him to look at how his forwards set up to maximize a player like DCL.
And I know Richie, James and sigurdson are better than Mcneill, Harrison and Doucoure, but the latter three are just playing a different, slower, more predictable game and DCL is out of position more often than not.
I'd go so far as to say Dyche has actually broken DCL!

Where we are now as a club is all about hope to still be in the PL when we move to BMD. Dyche is expected to keep us up and is doing that as it stands.

If we get relegated with no further deductions he has failed. If we stay up he’s succeeded.

City won 4 trophies last season. It’s possible they win none this season. Is Guardiola a success or a failure if they win none? So they play this mystical robotic process style football and he talks in riddles. So what.

It’s all about success and success for us right now is not being relegated. Dyche is doing ok and is doing what we need and what we thought and hoped he would do. Keep us in the PL.
Not picking on you, an overwhelming amount of our supporters say this, like everything will be OK if we just did that... the truth is that it will be more of exactly the same.

The increase of 13k tickets/attendances for every home game and the additional events will be more than wiped out servicing the massive debts taken out to build the stadium.

We still will not have a pot to fill... The only way this changes is if a very wealthy man, consortium or country come in and completely wipe the debts allowing the club to gain from the big increases the new stadium will make.

Even without the points deduction we'd be in 13th place equal with the mighty Bournemouth and 4 points behind fulham playing the worst football in the league. He's lucky some are easily pleased.
Low standards more than easily pleased, for 30 years our standards have been eroded for, a loser mentality seeps from every orifice of this club....

Not picking on you, an overwhelming amount of our supporters say this, like everything will be OK if we just did that... the truth is that it will be more of exactly the same.

The increase of 13k tickets/attendances for every home game and the additional events will be more than wiped out servicing the massive debts taken out to build the stadium.

We still will not have a pot to fill... The only way this changes is if a very wealthy man, consortium or country come in and completely wipe the debts allowing the club to gain from the big increases the new stadium will make.
I wouldn’t have thought you were picking on me. If we are still in the PL when we move to BMD there is more chance and opportunity for better investment and investors, whatever better is. 👍🏻

I wouldn’t have thought you were picking on me. If we are still in the PL when we move to BMD there is more chance and opportunity for better investment and investors, whatever better is. 👍🏻
Thanks, can`t be too careful on this forum 🤣

Probably going off topic a bit here....