6 + 2 Point Deductions

Wonder what our finances look like for next year, if they are bad we will need to sell someone to maybe stay out of trouble, by June, or whatever the end of the financial year is, though we wouldnt know till around the end of the year again - Hopefully we actually have people who know if we are close or not, as it just seems like they dont have a clue till its to late, otherwise if we get safe, we could go through the same thing again with pos deductions
We’ll sail close to the wind for the foreseeable, the stadium will make a huge difference but it’s still a long time away

It won’t be generating any revenue until August 2025 though.

It might well generate revenue in that time though. Granted, not as much as first team games, but I can see any test events having big demand. It's also not like we're starting from a position of zero. As in, we will still be generating revenue at Goodison during that time, but can add to the coffers with test events and such. Granted, it's not gonna be the same sort of revenue as first team football every other week, but it's not a given that BMD will be a financial dead-weight until first team footy is held there.

It might well generate revenue in that time though. Granted, not as much as first team games, but I can see any test events having big demand. It's also not like we're starting from a position of zero. As in, we will still be generating revenue at Goodison during that time, but can add to the coffers with test events and such. Granted, it's not gonna be the same sort of revenue as first team football every other week, but it's not a given that BMD will be a financial dead-weight until first team footy is held there.
I'd pay to go and see literally anything at the ground before our first game there, just to check it out.

I'm sure plenty of us would.

Ok, how about the 14 EPL clubs and the SPL work together to form the British Super League. Hell the EFL would probably prefer to join too. The remaining 6 can play amongst themselves.

I’m sure I read something that the women’s team losses for year 2022 was like 800k or something.

But it doesn’t show up the gammons who think investing in women’s football is a bad thing if you use the actual figures.

Unless dele and gomes have decided they are not women and their wages are being paid from that account… I can’t see how 800k would be accurate

Unless dele and gomes have decided they are not women and their wages are being paid from that account… I can’t see how 800k would be accurate

IMG_2681.jpeg

Everton future in peril if 777 takeover not completed this month​

Working capital and new stadium financing for Bramley Moore Dock is only assured until March 31

Tom Morgan, SPORTS NEWS CORRESPONDENT4 March 2024 • 5:39pm

777 Partners co-founder Josh Wander at Goodison Park for an Everton match in February

Everton’s financial future will be plunged into major doubt by the end of the month if 777 Capital’s proposed takeover remains unresolved.
Pressure is mounting for the Premier League to finally make a decision on the deal as working capital and new stadium financing is assured only to March 31.
The coming weeks could be among the most consequential in the Merseyside club’s history, with executives also fighting a second alleged spending breach.
A decision on the outcome of the league’s toughened owners’ and directors’ test can be ruled out for at least another week, sources tell Telegraph Sport. More meetings are anticipated between the top tier and the Miami-based investment firm in the coming days to clarify outstanding questions face to face.

Even if the Premier League board is then satisfied it has received all information, an independent oversight panel of KCs will be called in to review conclusions under the new rules.
The precedent set by Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s 25 per cent purchase of Manchester United have led insiders to conclude that further process alone will take another seven days.
Although Everton’s 10-point deduction was reduced to six last week, the club’s form has dipped worryingly, with defeat against West Ham on the weekend.
An appeal panel reduced Everton’s punishment due to “legal errors” but an accompanying ruling detailed how the club had already committed “over £800 million” to its new Bramley-Moore Dock development.

Telegraph Sport has reported previously how 777 appears unwilling to provide any further loan funding while the takeover saga drags on. The company, one of a growing number of multi-club owner models, agreed to purchase owner Farhad Moshiri’s 94 per cent stake in September. It has since provided Everton with a further £30 million in funding, taking the total loan from the American investment firm to £180 million.
In recent weeks, 777 has moved to reassure its own staff over its finances after the recent departure of Damien Alfalla as chief financial officer.
Co-founders Josh Wander and Steve Pasko wrote in an internal memo: “We are pleased to announce that Brett Kaufman will be stepping into the role of CFO for 777 Partners. We are confident that this change will fortify our future growth and are excited to welcome Brett into the 777 family. We appreciate your continued support and enthusiasm during this transition.”

Everton were hit by claims that the takeover could be put in danger by allegations regarding one of 777s subsidiaries, 777Re, which is a Bermuda-based reinsurer.
But sources close to 777 insisted the reinsurer has been placed under administrative control as part of a reorganisation of the industry by Bermudan authorities, rather than being placed into administration, and that there are no issues for their funding of the Everton deal as a result.
Related Topic

p