Relegation 23/24 Thread

Bournemouth have got Sheff Utd and then Luton in the next 10 days.
I think I would have preferred a draw today but we need them to stop a Luton victory.

How bad is that?

I'm really not fussed about Bournemouth personally. Burnley and Sheff Utd need to be gone ASAP if not already and then we just need to pip Luton and/or Forest, keep it simple.

Despite losing again everyone around us also lost, except Brentford who got a point. So all in all the weekend could have been a lot worse. The big problem is though that we have forgotten how to win and we can't seem to score. We are still in big trouble if that continues.
We’re infuriating. I’m beyond worrying about Luton getting points from Bournemouth. I’m just enjoying some of our so-called stars being found out when the heat is on. Schadenfreude is all I’ve left. Charlatans.

Burnley is ideal opponent to play in the run in.

Bournemouth just gave them the ball all game, did little with it and then spammed two counter attacking goals.

Can't beat them at Goodison likely getting relegated I'd say.

Even if we stay up this season our finances are such that we will be forced to sell Branthwaite and Onana and replace them with Dyche journeymen.

The 3 teams coming up will be much better than those being relegated so that tells me that we will be in a world of trouble next season with relegation very very likely in our final season at Goodison.

Counter intuitive I know but sometimes I feel we might be better off going down this season, get rid of Dyche and let s progressive manager restructure the team with younger players .

If we could seal promotion at the first attempt we would ensure PL football in our first season at BMD.

Can't keep relying on the rest of them being as bad as us
You kind of can though, because they are. Yesterday's result was obviously bad and massively frustrating but the rest of the weekend was a reminder of how few points are actually won at the arse end of the table. Of the realistic relegation contenders we lost just one point to five teams.

In one sense that's hugely infuriating, because we'd need to do SO LITTLE to get away but can't but it's also a reminder that no one result at this stage spells complete disaster. It's crazy to think that having not won for two and a half months we'd still be in 13th without the deduction, and a reminder how much crap is out there that very few teams would've got past us during that run.

Even if we stay up this season our finances are such that we will be forced to sell Branthwaite and Onana and replace them with Dyche journeymen.

The 3 teams coming up will be much better than those being relegated so that tells me that we will be in a world of trouble next season with relegation very very likely in our final season at Goodison.

Counter intuitive I know but sometimes I feel we might be better off going down this season, get rid of Dyche and let s progressive manager restructure the team with younger players .

If we could seal promotion at the first attempt we would ensure PL football in our first season at BMD.

I don’t know where you’re getting the three teams coming up will be better than the ones going down.

Burnley ran away with the Championship last year and look how they’ve fared so far.

If Leeds come up, the usual bunch of pants pissers, will turn then into the Brazil 1970’s team, just like they were doing with this years housewife’s favourite, Luton.

Leicester should have what it takes not to get relegated, but as for the other two teams, no one else is exactly setting that league alight this season.