Relegation 23/24 Thread

Saw this a few times and “knowing us. When do we ever beat big clubs at their ground, our record is embarrassing.

Once at Old Trafford in the last 30 years.
Once at the pit(with a crowd) in about the same period.
Can’t even remember the last time we won at Arsenal.

Etc etc

Arsenal was another during lockdown but can't remember any win there infront of a crowd in recent times.

Fairly sure it's an abysmal record at Chelsea aswell.

Motd just said Soucek has 9 goals this season, 6 in the league.

He's a defensive midfielder.

What we got?

He's basically their Doucoure.

You're generally o.k if you have one midfielder who gets 7-8 a season and the CF gets 10-13. Bowen was reasonably quiet today but he's scored 14 prem goals from 25 games. Ollie Watkins has 16 prem goals in 27 games so DCL is miles off that standard now for possible England squad picks.

He needs to go on a bender with Tom Davies in Belfast to get him going....

I think we will beat Sheff United and Burnley but apart from that I can’t see us getting any other results now. I did a predictor before and have is on 36 points but with the 6 point deduction that relegates us, also depends on forest deduction and a further deduction for us. We just can’t finish our chances. It’s really really bad. The championship is harder, you need fitter better players, we simply won’t be able to cope. Sick of dropping points at home. Palace, Wolves, Fulham and now West Ham, we drew with Palace but even if we would of drew with the other 3 that’s another three points, we would be 14th.

It’s mad how nothing goes for us, we get a pen, not given by the ref and we miss it. We have a goal line clearance again today. Yet you can watch Liverpool and it’s 90+10 and you just know they are going to score and win the game, why does nothing go right for us? Drives me insane.

I think we will beat Sheff United and Burnley but apart from that I can’t see us getting any other results now. I did a predictor before and have is on 36 points but with the 6 point deduction that relegates us, also depends on forest deduction and a further deduction for us. We just can’t finish our chances. It’s really really bad. The championship is harder, you need fitter better players, we simply won’t be able to cope. Sick of dropping points at home. Palace, Wolves, Fulham and now West Ham, we drew with Palace but even if we would of drew with the other 3 that’s another three points, we would be 14th.

It’s mad how nothing goes for us, we get a pen, not given by the ref and we miss it. We have a goal line clearance again today. Yet you can watch Liverpool and it’s 90+10 and you just know they are going to score and win the game, why does nothing go right for us? Drives me insane.
Because this team is so poor difference is they beleive they will get that goal, i dont see that in one person well apart from Branthwaite who has that class. Was a point in that game second half i just knew we wouldnt score again was early in the half. So lost it by so many simple passes and how hard we make it look to even create attacks. Has really hit me how poor this team has become under moshiri

It's frustrating isn't it? Wolves, Fulham and West Ham are 3 copy paste games at home where we should get away with 5-9 points in total and we got 0 and also a keeper that had an incredible day in all of the games and us not finishing big chances, while the opponent manages to score one of a few. With all the justified criticism on Dyche, this is not on him for once.

It's frustrating isn't it? Wolves, Fulham and West Ham are 3 copy paste games at home where we should get away with 5-9 points in total and we got 0 and also a keeper that had an incredible day in all of the games and us not finishing big chances, while the opponent manages to score one of a few. With all the justified criticism on Dyche, this is not on him for once.
Add into that that Dunk, Ayew, Zouma and Souchek all hit once a career finishes and its a massive bag of frustration with execution in passing and finishing in the final third the biggest reason we are still in a relegation fight.

The common thinking is that teams don't underperform Xg wise for a long periods and it comes around but this has literally been going on all season. It's not all bad news as to be in this catagory means we are defending well, winning the ball in the center and pressing forward. Obviously that counts for nothing if we go down.

The dust has settled a bit now after yesterday.

Another big missed opportunity and another lead thrown away. Very frustrating. Also, another away GK who did a hell of an impression of prime Gianluigi Buffon… add that to the Wolves and Fulham home games from the start of the season where we should have been out of sight by the time the opposition scored… how different the table would look now.

At this point, it’s our defence which will help us limp over the line. For all the praise Luton are getting, now they’ve opened up and gone more attacking, they’ve conceded 16 in their last 5 league games going back to the start of February. They’re starting to look a little like Blackpool did, and we know how that ended.

Our lack of goals is absolutely baffling. Looking at the amount of chances we have created and continue to create, law of averages suggests we should at the very least have a few more bundled in. The penalty miss sums it up.

Onwards and upwards blues.

We'll need to sell Onana and Branthwaite in the summer to get some low-end strikers and wingers in, then bank the rest of the money.

Now I'm not bothered in the slightest about losing Onana, but it will hurt to see Branthwaite go - likely far too cheaply as we're desperate - and have Keane back in the side and the money used to buy poor quality cast-offs from teams we considered massively inferior to us just a few seasons ago.

I can fully see £100m brought in for those two players and about £60m of it used for 2x wingers, 1x striker and a CM, giving striking options of Maupay, Chermiti, Beto, DCL and one other next season - I guess having 5 cap 3 strikers is better than having 3.

Knowing our luck £20m will go on that utter crap Harrison.

The dust has settled a bit now after yesterday.

Another big missed opportunity and another lead thrown away. Very frustrating. Also, another away GK who did a hell of an impression of prime Gianluigi Buffon… add that to the Wolves and Fulham home games from the start of the season where we should have been out of sight by the time the opposition scored… how different the table would look now.

At this point, it’s our defence which will help us limp over the line. For all the praise Luton are getting, now they’ve opened up and gone more attacking, they’ve conceded 16 in their last 5 league games going back to the start of February. They’re starting to look a little like Blackpool did, and we know how that ended.

Our lack of goals is absolutely baffling. Looking at the amount of chances we have created and continue to create, law of averages suggests we should at the very least have a few more bundled in. The penalty miss sums it up.

Onwards and upwards blues.
Great post and accurate, apart from the onwards and upwards but at the end. This team ain’t going upward much until it gets goals from somewhere.

Actually think Beto needs a bit of a run now, I’d be more confident of him converting than DCL with the chances created. No other players apart from Doucoure chipping in though which is very worrying.

Saw this a few times and “knowing us. When do we ever beat big clubs at their ground, our record is embarrassing.

Once at Old Trafford in the last 30 years.
Once at the pit(with a crowd) in about the same period.
Can’t even remember the last time we won at Arsenal.

Etc etc
Richy 1-0

Chelsea was about hundred years ago

We'll need to sell Onana and Branthwaite in the summer to get some low-end strikers and wingers in, then bank the rest of the money.

Now I'm not bothered in the slightest about losing Onana, but it will hurt to see Branthwaite go - likely far too cheaply as we're desperate - and have Keane back in the side and the money used to buy poor quality cast-offs from teams we considered massively inferior to us just a few seasons ago.

I can fully see £100m brought in for those two players and about £60m of it used for 2x wingers, 1x striker and a CM, giving striking options of Maupay, Chermiti, Beto, DCL and one other next season - I guess having 5 cap 3 strikers is better than having 3.

Knowing our luck £20m will go on that utter crap Harrison.
No guarentees we will be able to spend 60mill out of a 100mill sold