2023/24 Sean Dyche

Dyche said “First half, really good. We came here and we took the game on, which we wanted to do, opened them up on occasions.

“We created good-quality moments and chances without taking them - which is obviously a question mark during the season - so some of the quality was really pleasing.”

Woans recent article on Dyche

"He’ll tell us the theme for the week and we’ll build around that. We look after the basics and do them really, really well. Just the defensive responsibilities, set plays, our structure and shape."

Explains why we are so poor attacking wise.

The teams beneath us, even Forest, Bournemouth etc you can see how they try to attack, their patterns of play, the style. Yes I know people will say oh they are worse than us, but thats to be expected as they have Championship players and are very naieve defensively. Luton just brought on a fella who played for them in the Conference league.

I honestly cant tell you what we are trying to do. I thought under Dyche we would be getting the balls to the wingers and putting dangerous crosses in but our wingers spend more time helping the fullbacks.

When we go forward people get in each others way, make poor runs or a player has no support. Thats when we are not hoofing it up to Dom or straight to the keeper/out of play.

I honestly feel like there is zero attacking work going on in training.

Last edited:

His plans are:

Swap DCL and Beto around the 70 minute mark.

If we’re losing, chuck some youngsters on up top.

If we’re winning, bring on Ashley Young.

He has no clue how to change a game. None whatsoever. The game unfolds as it unfolds, and he’s a powerless bystander, apparently.

"He’ll tell us the theme for the week and we’ll build around that. We look after the basics and do them really, really well. Just the defensive responsibilities, set plays, our structure and shape."

The teams beneath us, even Forest, Bournemouth etc you can see how they try to attack, their patterns of play, the style. Yes I know people will say oh they are worse than us, but thats to be expected as they have Championship players and are very naieve defensively. Luton just brought on a fella who played for them in the Conference league.

I honestly cant tell you what we are trying to do. I thought under Dyche we would be getting the balls to the wingers and putting dangerous crosses in but our wingers spend more time helping the fullbacks.

When we go forward people get in each others way, make poor runs or a player has no support. Thats when we are not hoofing it up to Dom or straight to the keeper/out of play.

Sums things up well, the other thing I cannot understand is why he always has just one up top, even when we are struggling to score or chasing a the game.

I would agree that there was zero attacking training going on if we didn't create all of the chances. You think he just focuses on chance creation and leaves no one to finish em up top in training?

Maybe try something different then
Good managers adjust. There are players who have been in terrible form picked every week. Other teams not a million miles away have put in young players and taken a chance.
We bring on 38 year olds

Spot on mate. Dyche is paid a fortune to do this because it’s his job, yet we have some who try and find excuses for him.