2023/24 Sean Dyche

I’m not sure what style of football people expect? Barcelona on the Mersey? Moyes was criticised for dull football yet we were constantly best of the rest. Big Sam was hated but has given us our best finish in what, almost a decade somehow. Dyche has a solid defence but he’s got a squad that just can’t finish. This forum slags off every manager except Carlo as not good enough, yet his record wasn’t that great but somehow gets brushed over. Moyes has the likes of Cahill etc to bang in goals when we had no strikers but now we have nobody of that quality.

If we go down it’s the fault of the board and DOF not Dyche.

I’m not sure what style of football people expect? Barcelona on the Mersey? Moyes was criticised for dull football yet we were constantly best of the rest. Big Sam was hated but has given us our best finish in what, almost a decade somehow. Dyche has a solid defence but he’s got a squad that just can’t finish. This forum slags off every manager except Carlo as not good enough, yet his record wasn’t that great but somehow gets brushed over. Moyes has the likes of Cahill etc to bang in goals when we had no strikers but now we have nobody of that quality.

It'll be the fault of the board, the DoF, Dyche and the players. Nothing exists in a vacuum.

Yes mate this board and DoF do all the training ground work, set the tactics, work on set pieces, patterns of play, pick the team, substitutions and team talks

What a mess they made today

Blaming everything on bad luck isn't going to get us anywhere. We keep playing the exact same way and we keep not winning. Something needs to change.
There's no way for us to play tho. We play attacking, we will miss chances and concede, we play tight, crowd gets angry, players lose the head and we lose. If we do survive it'll be from playing on the counter away from goodison.

Wish he had some fire in his belly, instead of just having cultivated a reputation for having fire in his belly because his vocal quality is insane.
It's unreal how much his actual managing diverges from his reputation as some kind of hard-man, fire-breather. People have a completely different view of him just because of how he looks and sounds.

*If* we manage to stumble across the finish line, I don't trust him with a squad that gets investment. He needs gone in the summer.
Yeah, it's one thing to say that there's nothing we can do today, March 1, 2024 - because of inadequate leadership at the top of the club, finances, etc. etc. But if he's still the manager on March 1, 2025, well, god help us.

Does it, really, though? I mean, we are bang on relegation form for a couple of months now. Longest winless run in 40 years. Anyone deserves the sack for that.
Because you can't really sack someone who should be 5 pts away from our total of last year when his job was to keep us in the league. Pts deduction and SECOND points deduction is nothing to do with him and is the most likely reason we get relegated

Literally no one is expecting us to play like Brazil.

If Dycheball was getting results then I think me and most others on here would be happy to take our medicine and put up with the dinosaur football.

It isn't though, it's the same problems costing us every week and he has no answers.

I'm not even asking for sack as everyone knows we've put ourselves in a position where we aren't able to do that.

Just sick of watching this every week and seeing people saying 'what do you expect him to do with these players?' He's the manager ffs i expect him to at least come up with something different to try, rather than failing with the same shape and tactics every week.

It's so, so predictable.