New Everton Stadium Discussion

Another question I've asked a couple of times is regards the lifts. Do we know how big they are? I was in one at James Street station a few days ago and they are enormous. Wonder if they'll be that big? Or will most of us be going up on an escalator? Or walking?

Can confirm they’re big mate. Either the same or slightly bigger than James St ones.

There’s a few if you search new Everton stadium comparison on google.

This is my favourite (it is the original 60k capacity though).

View attachment 247520

This image is quite a relevant one IMO.

It's a proof, for all the doubters, of the original 60,000 size stadium design, that was cut down to size. It was never 60,000 because of 'safe-standing'. It was 60,000 seats. As you can beyond any doubt, there was more rows to the rear on this stand and also same on the south stand as far as I can remember

It's a proof, for all the doubters, of the original 60,000 size stadium design, that was cut down to size. It was never 60,000 because of 'safe-standing'. It was 60,000 seats. As you can beyond any doubt, there was more rows to the rear on this stand and also same on the south stand as far as I can remember

These were conceptual images. I also think the 60k was scrapped due to the enclosed area area and transport links.

Also the added seats are the cheapest for fans but the most expensive from a construction point of view.

Does anyone doubt that larger design was the one initially unveiled?

Not sure I’ve seen anyone question that, to be honest.

Does anyone doubt that larger design was the one initially unveiled?

Not sure I’ve seen anyone question that, to be honest.
The original internal views that were unveiled at the road shows etc were almost certainly the 60k version.... with 3 tiers on at least one side. I think primarily, the 60k version was also east-west configuration with a view to hosting the Commonwealth Games, with one temporary end stand at opening. As soon as that bid failed.... that was the end of that option.

Anyone else heard the rumour that we have terminated the contract with ‘Forward Associates’ who were responsible for designing all the lounges, working out ticket pricing / strategy, commercial revenues for Bramley Moore etc.

Like the starting shots on this one with the North Stand window reflecting the light. The stadium continues to produce beautiful moments like this, particularly at night. Just imagine what it'll be like when it's all lit up for a night game!!

Screenshot_20240301_163355_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240301_163345_Samsung Internet.jpg

The original internal views that were unveiled at the road shows etc were almost certainly the 60k version.... with 3 tiers on at least one side. I think primarily, the 60k version was also east-west configuration with a view to hosting the Commonwealth Games, with one temporary end stand at opening. As soon as that bid failed.... that was the end of that option.

The images shown at the roadshow were all in the same orientation as it is now, but yeah, based on a larger version. The overall height was dropped post roadshows as well to reclassify the building as mid rise as opposed to high rise to satisfy the SRF.

Anyone else heard the rumour that we have terminated the contract with ‘Forward Associates’ who were responsible for designing all the lounges, working out ticket pricing / strategy, commercial revenues for Bramley Moore etc.
No, but aren’t we at the stage where they are all designed and the pricing structure set?

Presumably it’s possible their contract has come to a natural conclusion?

Similar to what happened when Meis wasn’t kept on once LOR got to work.

Spot on as always Tom. All the visual representation since the revealing has been for the 52k design.

We only made it scaled down height wise and width ways due to world heritage piling on us. Which they still punished the city for anyway despite their recommended adjustments.