2023/24 Andre Gomes

The first 4-5 months were absolutely excellent. But I think the leg break clouds many peoples opinion on Gomes.

He'd been churning out some very average performances long before the break sadly.

Leg break certainly didn't help him recapture that form; but don't think that he was anywhere near his best at thr time of his Injury. Another stupidly high wage catastrophe.
People seem to forget who he was playing with.
Gomes looked great when he first came over because he was playing with Gueye who did his running.
We then sold Gueye and bought Gbamin who got immediately broken which meant he played with Sigurdsson or Schneiderlin or Delph, none of whom did his running.

If he plays with combative midfielders who press and give him time to play and get on the ball, he’s a good footballer. If you expect him to be the defensive workhorse, he’s crap.

I like Andre Gomes and thought he put in a couple of decent performances before his recent injury. Want to see the lad fit and playing some part in the rest of our season.
Was really surprised, to be honest, at Gomes' performances this season when he has played.

For this turn in form alone we should build Dyche a statue.

Granted, Dyche's style and demands for maximum effort probably got our beautiful wonderkid injured, but he certainly got a tune out of him

I really liked
Was really surprised, to be honest, at Gomes' performances this season when he has played.

For this turn in form alone we should build Dyche a statue.

Granted, Dyche's style and demands for maximum effort probably got our beautiful wonderkid injured, but he certainly got a tune out of him
I really liked his game against Spurs, he played this playmaker role pretty well there. A bit of Barkley type what we need.

Can't see him staying injury free from now till end of season. Really could do with him as a different type of player in midfield when needed