2023/24 Dele

I think if you sign him on free transfer for a short deal there’s not much to lose even if he’s a squad player

Comments like this just show how absolutely desperate we are as a club and fan base. Another roll of the dice on a player who hasn't played well for about 3 years. Still hoping and praying something might happen because we've been so far left behind by all the other clubs this is all we have left.

Inappropriate Language
Nice to see some compassion towards a young lad who spent a lot of his childhood in turmoil and has clearly gone through a bout of heavy depression.
It's all good and well feeling sorry for the guy, but Everton is a business operating in a ruthless industry. It's no good acting like a care home for dropouts.

When the club is bankrupt and in administration (partly due to people on big money who contribute nothing) do you think the likes of Dele will give two shts?

If signing him as a free agent involves having to pay any sort of fee to Spurs, then clearly it's not something we should even consider.

That would depend greatly on what sort of fee and what sort of payment structure we are talking.

The only way this would make sense is if the next contract was fairly heavily incentivised on appearances, certainly nowhere near the basic salary he earns today. I don't know what the PFA deem acceptable, nor do I know if he would accept that sort of deal. Secondly, whatever we pay to Spurs would need to be an amount reflective of his current standing - i.e. not kicked a ball in over a year, not been at his best for about 5 years and has had all sorts of personal problems which have affected and may potentially continue to affect his football. That being the case, we really are talking a low figure and nothing whatsoever like the £10m we would owe them after his next 7 games - £5m at an absolute push.

It just isn't worth it otherwise and the alternative is that Spurs get zero for him when he becomes a free agent in 4 months.

Even then, with all of that in place I wouldn't personally do it unless we continue to be in the sort of precarious financial position which makes this the sort of deal we are scrambling around for and, importantly, if Dyche is confident he can get a tune out of him

That would depend greatly on what sort of fee and what sort of payment structure we are talking.

The only way this would make sense is if the next contract was fairly heavily incentivised on appearances, certainly nowhere near the basic salary he earns today. I don't know what the PFA deem acceptable, nor do I know if he would accept that sort of deal. Secondly, whatever we pay to Spurs would need to be an amount reflective of his current standing - i.e. not kicked a ball in over a year, not been at his best for about 5 years and has had all sorts of personal problems which have affected and may potentially continue to affect his football. That being the case, we really are talking a low figure and nothing whatsoever like the £10m we would owe them after his next 7 games - £5m at an absolute push.

It just isn't worth it otherwise and the alternative is that Spurs get zero for him when he becomes a free agent in 4 months.

Even then, with all of that in place I wouldn't personally do it unless we continue to be in the sort of precarious financial position which makes this the sort of deal we are scrambling around for and, importantly, if Dyche is confident he can get a tune out of him
£5m would still be a lot of money to be honest

It would be a shame if we finally get him fit, release him and he goes on to be decent again. It would also be particularly mean of spurs to request any money for him (contracted or not) because they won't get a penny if he goes elsewhere. At least, the club that's rehabbed him for the last 2 seasons should have the option to extend his contract without being stung for it. Its a gamble if he stays or go's.