First Goodison Visit

Hi all! Coming over from US to see my first match at Goodison Saturday vs Hammers. Probably won't be seeing much as I'm high up in one end but looking forward to the experience.

What helpful hints do you have for me? When should I arrive? Any particular place to gather beforehand?

Thanks much

Get to the ground for around 1pm, give yourself some time to walk around the stadium and take some photographs. Go to the Winslow on Goodison Road, have a couple of drinks with fellow Blues then head back to the stadium for 2:15pm. Get inside, grab another drink and a programme and take the steps to your seat, that's the best moment seeing her for the first time as she's amazing.

Take it all in from 2:30pm onwards and you'll feel that buzz of excitement with 5-10 minutes to go.

Kick off looms, noise ramps up, stadium looks amazing.

3.06pm boo the crap out of all of them as we go 2 goals down inside the first 5 minutes and make sure your yelling telling everyone how you've spent over 2k to come and watch this pile of crap.

Half time grab a pie and a drink and think about your life choices and how the hell did you become an Evertonian

Full time, your 3 seats to the right and 2 rows further forward than where you started and you realise you've just had multiple limbs moments as we come from 2 goals down to win 3-2

You'll walk out the ground feeling on top of the world and that feeling you've had you'd have paid 10k if someone had told you thats how it was going to be

Taxi into town, straight to the Lisbon and see who fancies a bum

Get to the ground for around 1pm, give yourself some time to walk around the stadium and take some photographs. Go to the Winslow on Goodison Road, have a couple of drinks with fellow Blues then head back to the stadium for 2:15pm. Get inside, grab another drink and a programme and take the steps to your seat, that's the best moment seeing her for the first time as she's amazing.

Take it all in from 2:30pm onwards and you'll feel that buzz of excitement with 5-10 minutes to go.

3.06pm boo the crap out of all of them as we go 2 goals down inside the first 5 minutes and make sure your yelling telling everyone how you've spent over 2k to come and watch this pile of crap.

Half time grab a pie and a drink and think about your life choices and how the hell did you become an Evertonian

Full time, your 3 seats to the right and 2 rows further forward than where you started and you realise you've just had multiple limbs moments as we come from 2 goals down to win 3-2

You'll walk out the ground feeling on top of the world and that feeling you've had you'd have paid 10k if someone had told you thats how it was going to be

Until this moment I never thought my perfect Saturday existed but wow there it is 🤣

You had a good day at that Wimbledon game eh!

Really enjoyed this. And I love a happy ending :)

Hi all! Coming over from US to see my first match at Goodison Saturday vs Hammers. Probably won't be seeing much as I'm high up in one end but looking forward to the experience.

What helpful hints do you have for me? When should I arrive? Any particular place to gather beforehand?

Thanks much

Go over at least once a season on my own, Not a beautiful boozer but I go to Wetherspoons (Thomas frost?) early doors, get a spot facing the tellys to watch an early game and then always end up,chatting to sound Blues, enjoy, and hopefully better luck than me (1-3 Fulham 2-3 Brentford last two games )

Thanks much
The Ship and Mitre pub in the city centre is always my port of call...Great beer,good atmosphere, decent food and usually has Blues in there match day...8-10 minutes in a taxi to the ground.

Must say "The Lisbon" shout for anyone asking for first game advice is absolutely grim...it's literally the worst in joke.
Yes, the boorish, repetitive responses to request for advice from 1st time visitors are pathetic.

I've never been to the Lisbon, SccrDon, but apparently it's a gay pub. Nothing wrong with that, but just so you know.

The Winslow in Goodison Rd will be packed , but it's the safest bet if you don't want to be late.