2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think its called working hard for the team to close down. Man city players worked as hard as anyone pressing and chasing. The difference is when they get it the team is packed with far better players technically to accompany the closing down.
It's not just technical ability ( although obviously you are right about that ) it's about a coach indoctrinating patterns of play and creating a non defensive mindset

The point still stands, you have no idea what he would do, even if we were in a more favourable financial position. You're just guessing, based, I suspect, on the styles of play we've seen here and at Burnley, two premier league clubs with fairly limited financial resources and fighting for their PL status.
And why do you think that richer clubs with better players have never recruited Dyche?

It's not just technical ability ( although obviously you are right about that ) it's about a coach indoctrinating patterns of play and creating a non defensive mindset

Yeah i cant disagree with that and thats why i said at home we probably get the bad version of dyche. Even though there have been games this season he's sent the team out to win and the finishing has been woeful. Sadly i think thats where your lack of quality comes into it.

Most PL clubs are richer and have better players according to those who think Dyche is a wonderful coach.
I asked you which clubs you were referring to? It wasn't a difficult question.
There's no need to start making other random statements, to cover up for the fact you don't really know.

Nonsense. I said no richer clubs have recruited Dyche. Who has?
You actually asked...
And why do you think that richer clubs with better players have never recruited Dyche?
I asked you which clubs? As in, specifically, which richer clubs were you referring to?

If you want to name a few clubs, I will happily try to give you a few reasons why they recruited other candidates.

You actually asked...

I asked you which clubs? As in, specifically, which richer clubs were you referring to?

If you want to name a few clubs, I will happily try to give you a few reasons why they recruited other candidates.
mate, what are you talking about, do you want him to name every football club that hasnt appointed Dyche?

The point still stands, you have no idea what he would do, even if we were in a more favourable financial position. You're just guessing, based, I suspect, on the styles of play we've seen here and at Burnley, two premier league clubs with fairly limited financial resources and fighting for their PL status.
You're right I don't know for certain I can only posit theories because he's never had creative players , he can play attacking football it's very direct and basic which I'd love to see him employ that style again. I thought we looked good the first stretch of games it was a lack of finishing that hindered us now he just seems to be in ultra defensive mode which I think can be counterproductive

Most PL clubs are richer and have better players according to those who think Dyche is a wonderful coach.

Who has said Dyche is a wonderful coach? The nicest thing I’ve heard is people saying he’s doing a decent job or he’s the right type of manager for the situation we’re in.

On the contrary though his critics are making him out to be a hoofball merchant dinosaur. Just disagreeing with that very simplistic view doesn’t make someone a Dyche fan boy.

He decided he didn't like Danjuma

As did every other manager he's had. There's a reason Villarreal are desperate to get shut. He's crap mate. Fella can't lift his head and has zero awareness - to me, a less effective Demarai Gray and that's saying something.

He'd have started when Harrison was dropped, IMO if he wasn't injured.

But the intrinsic existential problem with dyche , is that even in a scenario we had creative dynamic attacking players he wouldn't use them primarily or would set them up in a such way for defensive purposes it would hinder their ability to attack. I think hes done solid work so far but as you mentioned there's a clear ceiling that he will never transcend.

Well, that's where I'd say get shut.

But he's never had that opportunity - so I don't want to write him off because he's not doing what Lampard tried to do and going toe-to-toe at the likes of Spurs before seeing sense.

Kompany spent more last summer than Dyche did in his entire time there. Look how that's gone compared to when Dyche was there.

mate, what are you talking about, do you want him to name every football club that hasnt appointed Dyche?
I expected a bit more substance. He spoke about the 'richer' clubs, asked why they hadn't recruited him? I'd have happily debated. I should have known it was just another generic 'Dyche is crap' type argument, much like the other gibberish post (below).
Just pure nonsense, based on nothing but a dislike for the manager and a dig at those who do actually recall the last fortnight of the 2 previous seasons. The thing that many of us recognise, is that altho our style of play isn't great, considering the squad Dyche inherited and where we stood in league, this season has been very good in terms of results on the pitch.

You're right I don't know for certain I can only posit theories because he's never had creative players , he can play attacking football it's very direct and basic which I'd love to see him employ that style again. I thought we looked good the first stretch of games it was a lack of finishing that hindered us now he just seems to be in ultra defensive mode which I think can be counterproductive
I think the ultra defensive mode has been exacerbated by the fact we've dropped 5 places or whatever due to a points deduction, mate. Going into a game at home from mid table, is a different prospect to going in from 3rd/4th bottom. He can't afford to take a risk now, with 8 other clubs below us, he could.